Sdwd

My little Rosie passed sometime in the night.
hit.gif
I already miss her sweet voice.
hit.gif

Tim, I'm so sorry.
sad.png
If you still want Milio, let me know. Though I must admit, it would hurt emotionally to let him go, I would do it for two reasons. 1) to give him a good home with girls of his own, and 2) cuz you're in need of a half way decent boy!
wink.png

Tim, I'm so sorry.
sad.png
If you still want Milio, let me know. Though I must admit, it would hurt emotionally to let him go, I would do it for two reasons. 1) to give him a good home with girls of his own, and 2) cuz you're in need of a half way decent boy!
wink.png

I need some time to think. It's a long trip for him and some days I just want to scratch the chickens all together. It's been so cold you know. My knees are hurting lately and quite frankly I feel old.

I'm not mind you but I have friends and Lord have mercy the things they have going on. Some days I wonder who's going to make it through the year.

DW just turned 60 and for here it's a milestone. No one on her father side has lived that long. She takes after that side but I know she worries. Probably the only thing she worries about. She's already had a bypass years ago. If she hadn't worked in the ER she would have surely died.

I've got to start hanging around with younger people.
lol.png

Snows coming down good today. I don't mind so much, long as I don't have to go out.
big_smile.png

Well take care and be safe,

Rancher

Well I hope everyone is doing fine. Looks like the Delawares may be losing out to other breeds. I know folks have moved to Kathy's thread. I'm about to set some eggs and see what's what.

I have eggs CR eggs coming from Scott but not til the weather gets better. I figure not til next month. Since the eggs are so important I don't want to risk any problems.

Hope Milo is still okay Serrin. With this weather it's a good thing for him to not make the trip just yet. Perhaps you've got eggs you can ship?

I have a friend whose breed of choice is Delaware. His girls haven't been laying very good for a few months. They just started getting back with it. He is hatching all the chicks from them he can. A couple of years ago (maybe longer) I did an experimental breeding with Delaware females and RIR male to see what the Sex Link chicks would be like. I was going to take a male chick which looked like the Delaware back to the Delaware girls but didn't. I would like to try again. I wonder what the chicks would be like. My specialty is Heritage RIR and Heritage RIW, but I like the Delawares too. I have a very broody RIW girl sitting on RIR eggs.

I have considered this with a NH. My purpose would be to increase the size of my birds. The chicks of course would be easy to sell since you'd have sexed chicks.

Many folks don't mind as long as they're getting pullet chicks.

I have considered this with a NH. My purpose would be to increase the size of my birds. The chicks of course would be easy to sell since you'd have sexed chicks.

Many folks don't mind as long as they're getting pullet chicks.

If you do I would be very interested. I may try again but it would be a project that would take a lot of time. The females looked like the RIR father and the males looked like the Delaware mothers.I didn't keep any of the chicks so I would have to start over from square one.

If you do I would be very interested. I may try again but it would be a project that would take a lot of time. The females looked like the RIR father and the males looked like the Delaware mothers.I didn't keep any of the chicks so I would have to start over from square one.
We're planning a trip to FL in April. My son is in Niceville.

Back
Top Bottom