Sdwd

***Rompity!Bompity!Stompity!BOO!!!** Taaa Daaa!!!
ya.gif
I made it!
lol.png
Thanks for the invite Scott!
hugs.gif
I appreciate it very much. And of course, as luck would have it, I was just checking messages as I'm headed out the door. Gotta go pick up the teenager. [I'll be sooooo happy when she passes her drivers test next week and I don't have to play chauffeur any more!]
hmm.png

So, save me a place at this marvelous round table and I shall return in a few hours! Dinner time as soon as I get back you know!
wink.png

That Riley is soooooooooooo purty!

BTW
frow.gif
thank you for the heads up. As Scott did not invite me, someone else did, may I be here sir? SDWD all the way!

Does anyone else have any Snorkeling Dellies? Cannonball tries to snorkel...she submerges her head in water containers and the tub? WTH is up with that? She is scaring me to death.
th.gif

My weird flock....

a coffee drinker, a snorkeler, a kung fu chicken, a screamer, a biter and a ton of ninnies. LOL

Good grief! Who would have thought that it would take me half of the night to get back around to here!?!?

My weird flock....

a coffee drinker, a snorkeler, a kung fu chicken, a screamer, a biter and a ton of ninnies. LOL

Ermm....what's so unusual about that? Sounds pretty par for the course for your flock Cetawin!!!
gig.gif
hide.gif

Hiya Cynthia!!!
frow.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Just cuz I think you could use a ton of these right about now!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Keep your chin up sweetie! It'll tick them off worse than anything else when you let it just roll off of your shoulders!
wink.png
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

OK, just for my own edification.....what are the parameters for this thread, if any? Are we going to restrict the conversation to strictly Delawares? Or are my little mutts welcome too?
love.gif

I mean, I'd look pretty darn silly trying to talk about nothing but Dels when I don't posses a single one, now wouldn't I? Do my two little Del wannabe impostors count?
lol.png
Cuz I could talk about those sweet little girls all day, every day!
love.gif

Though I may not have my Dels yet, I'm right next to y'all in spirit with a love for these creatures.....just from what y'all have told me about them. How's that for Delaware mind control!?!?! I don't even have one here and already the mind control is working! Must get Dels! Must get Dels!!
gig.gif

Hey, has anyone ever tried one of those "Flock Blocks" on their chickens? If so, how did your birds like them? Did they loose interest in them pretty quickly or is it something they're known to come back to day after day and nibble on? I bought one today at the feed store since it was on sale for a price less than I could buy a 25 pound bag of seed for. I had to put some loose bird seed on top of it to get them started, and then they had fun for awhile. They then wandered away from it for other adventures for much of the day, but I did notice two or three of the girls giving it another go from time to time today. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried these. Share your thoughts and or experiences with them please!

Well, that's about it for me tonight! Starting to get past my bedtime ya know! Hope everyone has cooler temperatures tomorrow. I hope also that y'all have as much time to spend with your birds as your heart desires!
hugs.gif

What does the "SDWD" stand for?

Anyway- so happy to have these babies home (thanks Scott!) I get to keep Janelle's 1/2 for another week and dote over them. I'm sooo ecstatic about the blue barred crosses too! Just daydreaming of the possibilities (me and my EE projects....
roll.png
)

It's going to be hot as hell again today- so I get to spend the afternoon playing with the color calculator, trying not to spontaneously combust.
tongue.png

Oh dear, Scott didn't invite me either, I barged in after Kathy told me about it- sniff, sniff, do I need to barge back out?
big_smile.png

Amy- I use flock block crushed up and mixed with regular scratch so my Dels don't turn yellow- Luke looked like a BO for a while there- they love it as long as it is crushed up. When I put the block out there, they screeched and ran for the hills. They even look at big chunks of it suspiciously.

Cyn, that a baby of Riley's is adorable- all these puffy cheek crosses people have are way too cute!

HappyMt- read my byline. hehehehe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom