Sdwd

MERRY CHRISTMAS...
julgran.gif
Laie_52.gif

Rant away Cmon. You haven't said a single thing I can take exception to. Let's face it. The world our generation grew up in no longer exists. Sad, but true. I worry for the young folks coming up in this age. Their chances of realizing the "American Dream" are slim to almost none. Maybe we were wrong in trying to make things better and easier for our kids. Maybe it would have been better to let them struggle as we did. Maybe they'd have a better appreciation of what we've accomplished along with a better understanding of what it takes to be an adult!
hu.gif
AMEN!!!!!!

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year Alll

I put plastic over much of my wire area on my coops. I still left open spots at the top for air circulation. I don't want frozen combs. Its not so much the cold but rather cold wind that we will have tonight. That really can cause a lot of heat loss. Normally at 20 degrees they do well without heat. But that wind is really mean. I know some of you are in the minus area's. That would be even worse. Remember to remove the water from the coops at night. It adds to the moisture that can condense and freeze the combs. Good luck everyone.

I don't keep water in the coops nor feed in any but the hoops since they don't have runs to hang it in.

It's going to get cold but I've no heat in any of the coops. It's already gotten cold so I expect they will do okay. I am worried just the same.

I will need to find some Del eggs to hatch if I'm to continue with them. I have only one and he's a wienie. Very small and not good.

George the roo I have from Cynthia is not doing good. He'd gotten sick and I put him on duramycin and he's better but not great. More yogurt w/ pellets tomorrow. I keep him with one hen just so he is not alone.

I'm down sizing but keeping the Dels of course.

Take care and stay warm

Love ya,

Rancher

My friends, my thoughts and prayers are with those of you in the cold zones who are not accustomed to such low temperatures. We're used to it up here, but I'm sure it's wrecking havoc with those of you who are not! We're having cold temps up here in Washington too, but as usual, the colder it gets here, the drier it gets.
roll.png
We desperately need snow! NOW!!! Though the snow-pack in our local mountains is doing so-so, the Cascades are less than 60% of normal. I think I see water rationing in western Washington's future if that doesn't turn around very soon!
hide.gif

Tim, I have a very nice Del boy if you'd like to have him. He's a handsome boy and very sweet. If you want him, just let me know. I'd be happy to send him to you.
wink.png

My friends, my thoughts and prayers are with those of you in the cold zones who are not accustomed to such low temperatures. We're used to it up here, but I'm sure it's wrecking havoc with those of you who are not! We're having cold temps up here in Washington too, but as usual, the colder it gets here, the drier it gets.
roll.png
We desperately need snow! NOW!!! Though the snow-pack in our local mountains is doing so-so, the Cascades are less than 60% of normal. I think I see water rationing in western Washington's future if that doesn't turn around very soon!
hide.gif

Tim, I have a very nice Del boy if you'd like to have him. He's a handsome boy and very sweet. If you want him, just let me know. I'd be happy to send him to you.
wink.png

Where did you get him and what do you think it would cost to get him here ? If you did send him when would be a good time?

Gosh Tim, it's hard to say. I haven't weighed him since he was just a young lad. I'd venture to say that he weighs in excess of 11 or 12 pounds at the very least. He came from Privett hatchery in May of 2011. He was supposed to be pullet!
hmm.png

Back in 2010, Kathy sent me Maggie and her two daughters and that cost right around $65. That was in either late October or early November of that year. I can't remember which for certain. All I remember for sure is that we were already getting pretty low in our daytime highs. She had put a couple of big hunks of cooked sweet potato in with them, and they all arrived healthy and happy. Milio is quite accustomed to frigid temperatures, so I wouldn't think that the current conditions across this great land would phase him in the slightest.
wink.png

Let me know if you're still interested in him. I'd love to see you have him. He really is a sweetheart and it would be so nice to see him finally get a flock of ladies of his own. He deserves them!

Back
Top Bottom