Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
fl.gif
Okay.

I'm new here. I came because I want to find some white Frizzle eggs to put under my broody silkie hen. Her name is Isabella. Her friend is Apricot, also a hen, but a buff Silkie. I only have the two, but would like to let them each raise a baby or two. And when I lived up in Oregon, I had all Frizzles and loved, loved, loved them!!! So I want the babies I let them raise to be white Frizzles - - for my own pleasure
D.gif

Now I find the Red Rooster Farm........and.....
th.gif
I am SOOOOOO hooked. I went to your website, Anna, and I am going to be hanging here, dangling like a caught fish on the end of a line until you let me buy 4 or 6 White Frizzled Serama eggs from you
bow.gif
Isabella and Apricot are pleading also
yesss.gif
Your website is awesome! And your Serama Frizzles are beyond the ability to resist
thumbsup.gif

I am so glad I found you. Are you ever going to have eggs or chicks you will be willing to part with? I prefer only hens as my neighbors are touchy about roosters. I live on a half-acre and have had my hens for 12 years. I keep them safe and loved and comfortable and healthy. They are only pets that are very cherished, but I don't eat any eggs from the stores so they are also my source for protein as I eat very little meat. So they will have a great home, just so you know.

Willow

Hi there Willow and welcome to BYC. I think you'll find that you may have posted in the wrong section for your request though some members may have some. As your in the Geese Section you might want to re-post in the Chicken or Wanted Sections.

Best of luck - Pete

Hi Williow, glad you found BYC, it's a bat place to learn and share. This thread happened to be all about Sebastopol Geese. Posting a wanted ad in the buy sell trade area will get better responses for hatching eggs. Also looking for the breed specific thread in the chicken area would help you find egg for the breed you most want.

Well, I probably broke some rules already with my last post. Sorry. But I am here in this thread because, along with the frizzled chickens, I love frizzled geese! Which in my own humble opinion are the Sebastopols. I joined this thread and then heard about the Mini Sebastopols for sale at Holderread's. I have talked several times on the phone with them, and am so excited about their minis, but it doesn't look hopeful to get any from them, at least not in any time soon. So I, as several others here, am seeking two white mini Sebastopol female goslings to raise to be a part of our family. And that is why I was here on this thread, and then mindlessly posted about Frizzle Chickens. I apologize - - er....but then again, I am turning 69 next week so I do deserve a measure of patience and tolerance - - right?
hide.gif

Willow

Oh thank you Pete and Shellie. You are so kind and sweet with your correction. I realized my error right after clicking on "submit". ....erk!

I will improve, I promise! And thank you for your gentleness!!!!

Mini geese? Holderread has those Oregon mini geese, so I would take a guess that he has been working on a cross breeding project. He must have been at it for while if he is starting to release birds to the public.

Since the Sebs are basically pets and pasture ornaments, a small size version would make sense.

Hi Wilow. Pleased to hear you also like Frizzle Geese - the Sebastopol and you are correct in that both Frizzle Chickens and Sebastopols have genes that cause curling. However I think the Frizzles gene can be extreme in a double dose.

Anyway Welcome to the Forum
welcome-byc.gif

Now I do know there is a member on the Sebastopol Forum who has also done some work with mini Sebastopols but I think her programme is in its early stages. Here in the UK I never heard of any and would be difficult to develop as Sebastopols here are classed as a small breed. My best advice would be to join the Sebastopol forum through Cottage Rose (Vicky) and see if you can get in touch with the relevant breeder. Here's the link;

http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/forum.htm

Back
Top Bottom