Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Congrats to everybody on their new babies!
ya.gif

I have some due in about a week.
Always such an exciting time of year!

my first Sebbie baby (ever!) hatched today while I was at work. It is so sweet, it stops and looks up at me from the bator when I talk to it. The otehr 2 eggs are pipped and pieces of shell are moving and falling off, but they're not pushing out yet...
here is baby Sasha (or Shrek or Fiona, or Simon, or......we don't know the names for sure yet until all 3 are out and sexed.)

I'm jealous of all your new babies! I'm not setting until Easter! Here's a pic of my pair. Gander can't wait til the pool fills, they only swim in clean water!

I have a little problem with one of my babies, this is new to me never seen this happen but she keep pecking at her back and she is making it raw, feathers are always wet back there.

why is she doing it?

Nava how old is she? Could it be feathering driving her itchy crazy? Maybe give her a vet wrap pad so she stops the chewing?
Lisa she is a cutie! Congrats.

Shellie, is that a 'she'? The other 2 hatched overnight, so I'll get pics up soon.....they re all showing some color. Remember Mama is a SB, and I don't know the background on Papa. he'a all white, but...is there a hidden color gene in him? dunno.
idunno.gif
I've asked the person who hatched him, originally, where he was from but didn't hear back. So...not knowing his background makes it a little trickier.
I'll be back soon
Lisa

Are you sure she is doing it to herself? Once my goslings get a little older sometimes they pick on each other and will pull out the others down and make them bloody.

To combat this, I have found more room and some outside time with grass to rip up works.

Lisa, that's right. I forget your girl is a SB. Looking forward to their pictures. We have geese hatching now too. 2 grey SB Pomeranian, 8 Buff American, and 6 Sebbie.

Aren't they just precious when they hatch and then look right up at you like :are you my mother?" I already posted this msg and photo earlier, but it has disappeared...hmmm
idunno.gif

Here are all 3, still wet and wobbly, will put them in the brooder with my Marans later, just need to decide which group of them is best- the 2 weeks old, the 1 week olds, or mix all the Marans together and put the Sebbies in their own brooder. I need advice from anyone who is experienced brooding different age chicks together, and also brooding chicks and goslings together for awhile.
Also if anyone has any opinions about whether these are boys or girls...
idunno.gif

A picture of the babies when they are dry would work better for sexing them.

Also, I do not recommend brooding them with chicks. They can get very nippy and can kill small chicks. I would brood them seperately.

Back
Top Bottom