Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Mine can be loud to alert me and the rest of the flock of strangers in the yard or any other disturbance. I can easily calm them down. Sans are docile and friendly. During breeding season they can become aggressive toward other males in the flick and can hurt, maim, each other so I separate the pairs a few weeks prior to season and keep them separate until everyone settles down when breeding season is over. For the rest of the year, they interact without fighting but do stay slightly apart with their mates in tow.

Mine can be loud to alert me and the rest of the flock of strangers in the yard or any other disturbance. I can easily calm them down. Sans are docile and friendly. During breeding season they can become aggressive toward other males in the flick and can hurt, maim, each other so I separate the pairs a few weeks prior to season and keep them separate until everyone settles down when breeding season is over. For the rest of the year, they interact without fighting but do stay slightly apart with their mates in tow.

I think then I am going to order straight run and hope for two males or two females, so none of my drakes get hurt by a protective gander. If I do end up with a pair, I can put a wall up in the middle of the duck house and make one side the duck side and the other the goose side. Thanks for the response!

I have a question is someone can answer it for me.. I have a pair of Sebbies that I got last year. I believe they are a male female pair. Sounds are different, size is different only one sits on the nest, only the one is laying. She started laying about 3 weeks ago every 2-3 days.. I put here first 4 eggs in the incubator to see if they were fertile and so far they do not look like they are.. We decided to let her set on the next ones she lays. She sets on them at night and part of the morning and then stays off the rest of the day. I don't understand why she is not setting them more or why they may not be fertile if I have a pair. He is very protective of her and won't let me near her right now cause of breeding season. How do I help them or help fix the problem? I am not sure how to go from here. I hope someone can help.

♡Ceira
When they set on the eggs only at night, she is building a nest of eggs. She is keeping them from freezing at night time. She will continue adding eggs until the nest if full, then start to set full time. As for the fertility issue, she just may need some time. Be patient.

When they set on the eggs only at night, she is building a nest of eggs.  She is keeping them from freezing at night time.  She will continue adding eggs until the nest if full, then start to set full time.  As for the fertility issue, she just may need some time.  Be patient.
I am trying so hard to be patient but I am excited also. I just wanted to find out the best and easiest way to make sure it is a male female pair and I am not missing something. Cause only the one is laying and their voices are so different.

Hay guys I've got 2 question's for you!
1. I got my sebbies this past fall so I'm waiting for her to start laying! No eggs from Bella LaGoosa yet but my boy Rags Ragland is being a real monster! Wow I can't believe he used to eat out of my hand in the first few days of owning him! I was told he would protect Bella but he will stop that once her season is done RIGHT! AARRGG!! ????? I can't believe how much he's changed. He would even let me pet him! And her but now F O R G E T IT!
2. I'm guessing their around 10-11 months old, should she start laying soon?
Thanks for any and all comments ;)

I am trying so hard to be patient but I am excited also. I just wanted to find out the best and easiest way to make sure it is a male female pair and I am not missing something. Cause only the one is laying and their voices are so different.
Even those of us who have been breeding for years are still trying to figure those things out! LOL! If you don't want to pay for dna sexing then you have to wait for eggs or no eggs. Good luck waiting!

First time Sebbie mom here.

I got Simon and Scout from Lisa in Oct/Nov of 2013. They were a great mated pair for her. And appears they like their move to VA.

Scout just started laying a week or so ago. I have been collecting and incubating 4, got 3 sitting waiting.

So exciting to find those eggs in the AM!

My question is how long should i hold the newer eggs back? I know they go into lockdown, so i don't want to have to set new eggs every day. But if i save up a bunch more, and wait 5-7 days past the the first set day, I should be ok?

First time Sebbie mom here. I got Simon and Scout from Lisa in Oct/Nov of 2013. They were a great mated pair for her. And appears they like their move to VA. Scout just started laying a week or so ago. I have been collecting and incubating 4, got 3 sitting waiting. So exciting to find those eggs in the AM! My question is how long should i hold the newer eggs back? I know they go into lockdown, so i don't want to have to set new eggs every day. But if i save up a bunch more, and wait 5-7 days past the the first set day, I should be ok?
Your sebbies are so pretty!
1f60d.png

Back
Top Bottom