Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I have now put all four Sebs together hoping competition might get me some pure eggs. This farm has gone from a "frozen hell" to "Spring chaos." Sigh. I am not seeing many eggs either but that's Sebs for ya. I am jealous of friends with babies in the teen quantity. I set five more eggs and will candle in a few days but I am fairly sure that none or only one is a Seb.
idunno.gif

This new gander might work out well. He was so desperate to breed yesterday that he was after a duck a couple times. So, since I have yet to see my smooth breasted gander mate my lovely saddle back curly goose I swapped him out for the new curly gander. I don't believe breeding curly to curly is good as a rule but I just have to have a few pure Sebs this year. SO here we try. The nice additional point to this possibility is that my saddle goose, Echo, is so gentle that she is the one goose not trying to chase him off the food or bite him just for standing around. Here is hoping for some pure Seb babies
fl.gif

If you have both white parents the gander goslings will be much lighter than the females. The females will have a dark cap on their heads and a saddle on their back. But if you have a gander that carries a colored saddleback or colored gene then it is hard to tell if the goslings are saddleback male or female.
Hope this helps you some.

Back
Top Bottom