Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

My female seb always seems to look lop sided with her feathers. On one side they touch the ground. Mr. Seb loved my husband but nipped him this morning. And he seems to like me a bit better.

I live in Arizona and I am looking for some Sebastopol's. I was wondering if there is anyone in AZ?
I love the look of this breed and would welcome any info anyone can give me.

Thank you so much.

Well... I have a story... I have struggled with my beautiful Verbena, as some of you might have read. I got another gander hoping that she would be loved by that new gander since the rest of the flock as driven her off or she has decided not to hang with them. The new gander is working out fairly well with my saddle back Seb goose Echo. They are working well together as a pair and I think she fancies him as much as he her. Lucky there. Now back to Verbena. My prize winning goose is a gander. I know this without a doubt now because 'she' was desperately trying to mount a white 3 gallon bucket laying in the yard today. Determinedly might I add.
th.gif

I now have three Seb ganders, one Seb goose ... 5 ganders total and only two females now. I say again:
th.gif

Ash I am sorry your prize goose is a gander. Boy one never knows just what these sebs will be until older. I can not seem to sex them and that is not 100% anyway either. The only 100% way is to test feather's or egg shell's from the gosling hatch.
I have never done this but have heard of it...

Ash I am sorry your prize goose is a gander. Boy one never knows just what these sebs will be until older. I can not seem to sex them and that is not 100% anyway either. The only 100% way is to test feather's or egg shell's from the gosling hatch.
I have never done this but have heard of it...

Thank you {Barb?} Ruru. I feel rather foolish but it was funny watching him go for that bucket!!

Well... I have a story... I have struggled with my beautiful Verbena, as some of you might have read. I got another gander hoping that she would be loved by that new gander since the rest of the flock as driven her off or she has decided not to hang with them. The new gander is working out fairly well with my saddle back Seb goose Echo. They are working well together as a pair and I think she fancies him as much as he her. Lucky there. Now back to Verbena. My prize winning goose is a gander. I know this without a doubt now because 'she' was desperately trying to mount a white 3 gallon bucket laying in the yard today. Determinedly might I add.
th.gif

I now have three Seb ganders, one Seb goose ... 5 ganders total and only two females now. I say again:
th.gif
I'm laughing, but I'm not. Not a terrible thing. Nava had 2 females and 4 ganders and they all traveled as a group.

Thank you Seminole. I was laughing but not too. It certainly is a disappointment in some ways. NOW I have to wait to see who does hatch and hope that there is at least one female in there I can use or that someone nearby has a great one. I am not holding my breath. Its been a rough go the last two years. Maybe three will be the charm. Meanwhile we are hiding all the buckets.

I got a 2 year old pair and they haven't done anything! Maybe I won't be getting eggs this year.

Mr. Goose liked my husband, and always came after me (all huff and no puff). Lately it seems that he's switched allegiance. He nipped Hubby , and hasn't hissed at me all week.

Mrs. Goose is shy. Are all females shy?

Back
Top Bottom