Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

We have babies!  :ya They started hatching in the last 24.  There are three so far, though one looks like a Pom.  Everything will be saddle if I am not mistaken.  I would be glad if I were as a few whites would be very welcome. 

I want to share that I did feel a little guilty taking the goslings.  I am hoping you will all reassure me that they are much more human friendly this way.  I have to say that my experiences all lead me to say they are.  I have raised chickens, ducks and geese by hand and everyone that I did is much much more friendly and approachable and manageable than any raised by their parents.  I should note that those babies then raised by parents I raised are also brought to us by the mommas and that makes them intermediate in their comfort with us.  I have children here who work the animals with me and I want them all friendly as can be so that when it comes to the kids and teaching we are all safe.  With all this said, an experienced goose keeper, who does not have kids, made me feel very bad after sharing with them that I had these goslings.  They felt I had done something wrong by taking them and now that is in the back of my mind.  Responses here, please?  Gentle ones, honest, but gentle please because I really do love my geese.

Pictures! Please!

Awwww.. what sweeties! Mine are half grown now *lol*

I have 2 groups -- the pure whites and the color projects. I sure hope the little miss with the one grey feather has a pretty round head. She will be pure white. I have a really hard time judging quality on the youngsters. The white group looks like gangly yearling colts growing out!

My sebbies seem to be having difficulty keeping their wings tucked. They keep having to tuck them back up. Do I need to tape them up? They are 5 weeks old and seem to be heavy for them. They are not flairing out like angel wings.

Last edited:
What is happening is the blood is starting to fill into the feather's and that gets heavy for them and the wings keep going down so they keep pulling them up. Which is exercising them for the muscles to strengthen them.

[COLOR=FF6666]What is happening is the blood is starting to fill into the feather's and that gets heavy for them and the wings keep going down so they keep pulling them up. Which is exercising them for the muscles to strengthen them.[/COLOR]

So I should just let them be?

Back
Top Bottom