Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Celtic- I need some advice here.. With the Sebastopol's I just got, do you think I should get some Curly Sebastopol's to improve the feather quality? I'm not sure if the all smooth-feathered Sebastopol's will be used for breeding next year..

I would really like to get a Curly gander and goose. (Curly gander for the smooth-breasted grey goose and a curly goose for the smooth-breasted buff gander) Do you think you could help me out here? Color would not be important. I'm searching for a Buff Saddleback sebastopol and I have Jenifer Kraus on my list of contacting them and seeing if they would let me buy one but I highly doubt since they are still a very rare color. Oh and have you seen her Powder Blues?? WOW!

Curly partnered with smooth is always a good choice. To pair smooth x smooth would result all smooth goslings. To pair smooth x curly gives 50/50. It is thought to pair smoothes with curlies can help prevent twisted wing tip too.

A buff SB gander will be harder to find, I know Kim in AL has some buff SB goslings coming from her gray SB pair (gotta love genetics).

The blues are very pretty, I think we may have blue growing out but to sure (group of goslings we purchased).

Hi everybody!! Nothing says hello like some pics so here's a few from the past couple of weeks. Last pic is my little Creme' Brulee'. I've about decided those weird colors must be some kind of dilute grey.
Enjoy!
Kim

love.gif
CUTE!!!!!!

Kim- They are precious! I never tire of baby geese pics...

Celtic- Love the slide show on your website. You have some stunning birds!

Poultry09- Sweet new babies, what a good mom hen to set on those eggs!

Does anyone have Sebastopol that can ship to So OR? I have tried several times to hatch them this year. Twice I had near success, eggs pipped but I don't think my humidity was perfect and they ended up being very sticky and didn't survive the hatch. I would love to buy a pair or two.

Please PM me with any info.

Thank you,
Julie

Back
Top Bottom