Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Jenifer, we have a smooth gander and smooth goose both partnered with a curly of opposit gender this year. Both gave us smooth and curly goslings. We also have Peaches (lilac smooth) and McGraw (curly gray) and they too gave smooth and curly.

I to had smooth breasted and curly groups put together. I love my smooth breasted birds.

I think I finally have that part down in my flock. It has taken alot of time. I had the hardest time getting the male line to carry it.

I have one male from Holderreads named "Dave" that has the most beautiful head and all the female offspring he produces have nice heads. He is pictured below, sorry about the rest of him it was breeding season when I took the photo.

Jean is she the goose your pictured on here when she was young? Shes a beauty.

Violet, you are most likely looking at juveniles this fall when they are posted for sale. Or goslings next year if you want babies.

I know here we are too hot to ship again. I sent my box until fall unless our temps drop down again.

Down to our final eggs hatching over the next couple of weeks, almost all Peaches and McGraw eggs left to go at this point.

Jean I need to go get a picture of Sassy's daughter I held back. Named her Jubilee, she has very interesting coloring going on.

No, that is her dad "Dave". The goose in that photo from a year or so back is Lola.

I have Lola paired up with Gary this year, will did. She is setting on some eggs I gave her yesterday.

Lola and Gary made Adonis last year.

Adonis as a hatchling the middle of June last year.

Here he is the first of September.

And right around the first of October only about four months old.

Last edited:
Steven, do they have a canopy covering their yard?

Yes.
Their indoor area/coop is at the left. They get locked up every night and they seem to hate it so I'm guessing at their old home they weren't locked up at nighttime.

Their is also Master locks on every door now. Since we live by a cemetary theres a lot of people that go there to visit their deceased loved ones, well there's an alley way just behind our property that the the church owns and the alley goes to the highway then the church is just across the highway. Well we've had a bunch of cars that would just drive down the alley to get to the cemetary. Also a bunch of dumb people will think its a road.
One night I was up late because I couldn't sleep and sure enough there was a pair of headlights that I could see, I watched and thought they should have been through by now. Here comes a truck with a trailer and its driveing very slowly. I turned the outdoor security lights on and that person stepped on the gas and there's still huge ruts in the grass. I knew we had been losing some old hens but I thought they had died while I was gone and dad threw them on the burn pile. I found where they had been going!

I think what happened is when I told our family members that I had new birds they would go tell their friends and then they tell their friends and so on..
This happened Monday night, I think? I've still been in shock ever since.. I haven't told anyone because I was the only one that saw what had happened.
I just can't get my head wrapped around it that someone would do that.. Maybe I need to get a Guardian Dog?
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom