Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how well ganders sell where you are, but down here it's hard to give them away unless they are paired. If I am only guaranteed one pair our of the bunch, then I think I would have to adjust my offer accordingly. You may be able to get them a little cheaper that way!
Sebastopols are not real common around here but they are found on craigslist ocasionaly, right now thier is some one that is selling "young white sebastopol geese" for $35 each!! But you do make a great point, I never did think about that! Thanks.

Here's a link to a video I took of my geese last weekend.. *Please ignore my baby talk to them, that's the only way I can get them to come near me..
smile.png

They're so cute! Did you catch that little foot go up or the one on the right? Just thinking about getting in that water bowl....
lol.png

Oh and we all do the baby talk too. Wee wee weeep! Where's all the weeps? (then comes the stampede)

Last edited:
I was looking at sebastopol photos on the internet and look what I found on someone's blog:

goose2.jpg

That is me at Indy watering my geese in the background.
Hahahaha! That is funny! Guess you never know when you are going to be in someones camera shot! Now tell me, I am new to showing birds and am wondering if they remove the geese from the cage during judging? I am afraid my geese would scream like someone was murdering them, is that how most geese behave being picked up or is it something I would need to get them used to prior to a show? If that is even possible....
wink.png

I have never seen a judge pick up a goose and examine them like they do chickens. I should think that they should handle the birds especially sebbies because there are some defects and some things that are considered "faking" that they could find by handling them briefly.

Hilarious!
lau.gif
Whose blog is that and what were they talking about?
If you do a search I think I posted 2012 Crossroads/Indy show pics here
with pics of me, Jean Ribbeck/Pips & Peeps, Patty Zimmerman and Melinda Hoffman.

I was looking at sebastopol photos on the internet and look what I found on someone's blog:

goose2.jpg

That is me at Indy watering my geese in the background.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom