Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Where was that show at? I have only been to the Stevenson show and Thier where only two Sebastopols there.

Jean is talking about the big national Crossroads show held last fall in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Unfortunately this isn't an annual show, rather its held every few years.
This show had 300 some geese.
This is the 2nd time I've attended this show (as a specator) and its a great place
to see all kinds of wonderful poultry and waterfowl plus lots of vendors with cool stuff to buy.
Sale birds as well.
There is a big national show in Ohio every November.
You might want to find out what big shows they have out on the west coast and try to attend one.
They are well worth the drive.

Last edited:
The breeder I got Sebastain from has a female for us. We are going to pick her up today. I do have a question. Do new geese have to be quarantined like chickens do? I usually quarantine new chickens for two months.

And Sebastain is doing ok. He can go outside August 1st and he got his last dose of his medication this morning.

I don't quarantine new geese like I do chickens. We just give them a buffer zone for a few days so they can get acquainted with the others and watch for any obvious health concerns.
One time I picked up some geese (in the middle of a storm) that had been in a muddy pen. I could tell right away 2 had TWT, but didn't find out about their bumblefoot for a couple days when they finally cleaned themselves up started walking around. What a mess that was!

The breeder I got Sebastain from has a female for us. We are going to pick her up today. I do have a question. Do new geese have to be quarantined like chickens do? I usually quarantine new chickens for two months.
And Sebastain is doing ok. He can go outside August 1st and he got his last dose of his medication this morning.
Its always wise to quarantine any new farm critter you get but geese tend to have a lot less diseases than poultry.

They're so cute! Did you catch that little foot go up or the one on the right? Just thinking about getting in that water bowl....
lol.png

Oh and we all do the baby talk too. Wee wee weeep! Where's all the weeps? (then comes the stampede)

Thank you! I talk to all of the animals like that.. People think I'm crazy when I do that, but they don't seem to complain! :eek:)
I have also found that they are more responsive to when I talk in a Baby-ish voice. They calm down really nicely when I hold them if I can get them use to my voice. They don't seem as jittery as they usually are. But the Call ducks that's a different story.. They don't want nothing to do with you or anyone else, they want left alone. I give up holding them after the females do a Big "WAKKK WAKKK WAKKKK WAKKKKKKK!" right next to my ear. Its almost like a deafening sound they have specially for me.

You should see them when they are taking baths.. They go absolutely crazy with their wings spread out and they just run into everything which includes water bowls and they just tumble to the other side doing a back flip! They are more amusing than the chickens and ducks put together!
big_smile.png

Jean is talking about the big national Crossroads show held last fall in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Unfortunately this isn't an annual show, rather its held every few years.
This show had 300 some geese.
This is the 2nd time I've attended this show (as a specator) and its a great place
to see all kinds of wonderful poultry and waterfowl plus lots of vendors with cool stuff to buy.
Sale birds as well.
There is a big national show in Ohio every November.
You might want to find out what big shows they have out on the west coast and try to attend one.
They are well worth the drive.
That is a huge show! do you know when the next one will be? I would like to attend it the next time. The show in ohio I proably wont be able to go to scence I will be in school :( Thanks

I am sure this question has been asked a thousand but I was wondering what a fair price is for a 3yo proven pair of white sebastopol geese? they are both curly breasted and have good feathering! What do you all think is a fair price for them?

Thanks
Zach
Poultry09

Back
Top Bottom