**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

So I haven't kept up with this thread but I have to update...

I GOT MY FIRST EGG!!!! First egg from my own chickens, that I hatched myself on my birthday. Can you tell I am excited? I am betting so. You cannot tell from the picture but it is a green egg, I was kind of hoping for blue being that my little hen has white ear lobes but oh well.

Has anyone else had their first egg show up yet?

The hen responsible is on the right, standing next to my main rooster and on the far left is a red star I picked up shortly after hatching eggs.

Congratulations on the first egg! I am excited too! I had a pair of Royal Palms and hatched out rather a lot of poults this year, all of which survived. But - they were all pretty much identical. As they grew older I could tell the hens from the toms but couldn't differentiate more than that. So a friend and I colluded and she took a trio of my RP's and I got a pair of Blue Slates and a trio of Bourbon Reds in return! I know that doesn't sound like a fair trade but I should add that mine are practically full-sized whereas the new ones I got are only about 8 weeks old. I am so excited to have these two new varieties of turkey and look forward to hatching them next year.

So I haven't kept up with this thread but I have to update...

I GOT MY FIRST EGG!!!! First egg from my own chickens, that I hatched myself on my birthday. Can you tell I am excited? I am betting so. You cannot tell from the picture but it is a green egg, I was kind of hoping for blue being that my little hen has white ear lobes but oh well.

Has anyone else had their first egg show up yet?

The hen responsible is on the right, standing next to my main rooster and on the far left is a red star I picked up shortly after hatching eggs.

Those are very pretty eggs!

I did get a first egg this week but it was from a different hatch.

Black Penedesenca egg in the middle:

So this is what my life with poultry is like... Someone, usually the guineas, blocks the driveway when I pull in so I have to pause in front of the barn. Then a turkey or two jumps up on the hood of my (new) car to greet me. I think they're in cahoots.

So this is what my life with poultry is like... Someone, usually the guineas, blocks the driveway when I pull in so I have to pause in front of the barn. Then a turkey or two jumps up on the hood of my (new) car to greet me. I think they're in cahoots.

You are the Bringer of the Food....

Sarge, my MW tom has never gotten onto my car. Nigel, the Narragansett Tom just started to get up there. He does, however, sense he shouldn't be on the car, so when I went outside to take a picture of him, this is all I found.

Back
Top Bottom