**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Aww, thanks! But I won't read that to Lurkey..............she's still cruising around the pen. So far I haven't brought myself to "process" any of the 13 from last year. Probably why I already have 34 eggs saved for Sunday and I'm getting 3-5 every day. I better be able to find buyers for turkey poults or we are going to be eating a lot of turkey this year (or be wall to wall turkey).

Wait......................you forgot...........................

Shuck

I would love to swap for a batch or 4 of turkey eggs. I have orders for poults & no eggs to hatch.
sad.png

You are officially turkey-napped!!

Do you need eggs? I have a few I can send out tomorrow--bourbon reds and 1 sweetgrass. Pm me if you are interested.
ME ME ME! NEED TURKEY EGGS!!!
my husband ruined casual Friday at his work by wearing his kilt. It lasted all of an hour and 20 min.
Not even gonna ask
hmm.png

lol.png

Oh, my... I have the exact same thing going on here. Only my Romeo is a bantam Cochin. LOL I thought the situation was perfect to write a limerick about, but what rhymes with "duck?"
lol.png
I know, right? It would have made the perfect limerick if she'd been a dove instead of a duck but I had to stick to the truth
lau.gif

Haiku for today.

Orange hen broods alone
On green eggs in green dog bed.
Small dog is not pleased.
I love this image. And it reminds me that you haven't updated your "blog" thread for ages and I'd sure love it if you did. You have a great talent for writing and I always enjoyed hearing the snippets about your birds, animals in your corner of the world.

Quote: Yep, Midget Whites from flocksalot!
woot.gif
I'm glad to hear you had success with shipped eggs from her. I only set local eggs last year, so trying some different varieties, along with the "sure things", this time.

I'm also expecting MW eggs from flocksalot and pawtraitart next week.
clap.gif
Will be watching to see how my egg relations do.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Friday's Limerick

In Maine is where SCG sits.
She makes beehives of pieces and bits,
cans jam, and I'm glad,
braves Cessnas for Dad,
and makes sure your straitjacket fits!

This one's better, I really flubbed Thursday's......

If I'm known to dress this way in public at the PS farm show, do I really need a straight jacket?

Yes, kilt, chicken hat (hey, they they giving them away to us kids)

Been a long time since I was at the PA farm show. Isnt it the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan And isnt always known to be snowing that week. The draft must have been horrable

Back
Top Bottom