Secret coop

Quails4lif3

Chirping
Jan 31, 2021
Hello! Ive read through as much as possible but please help if you can! And this is all entirely hypothetical for legal reasons. Names and locations have been changed to protect identity.. haha...

I am unable to change my town's ordinance against chicken owning, ive tried. It states we need to have a minimum of an acre and we have .9

We live next to a nature preserve and the birds and other animals like frogs and coyotes are very loud. The coop/run would be about 80ft away from my neighbor who is unsure about chickens. We only have 2 neighbors and about 100 acres of preserve behind us. And large trees between us and the one neighbor.

Do you think, by the time i would have laying birds (about sept), that it would matter? We would start with 4 birds for a small quiet flock

I have a plan b in place for if we get caught...

:welcome

Hello, sorry you can't get your local ordinances changed to allow a legal flock. Personally, I get attached to animals and it would be hard giving them up if I wasn't allowed to keep them. So between that and any possible fines, I'd go without a flock until I lived somewhere they are legal.

Back
Top Bottom