Seems like it took FOREVER!!

So its not her age. Its probably the stress of moving and new flockmates. I've heard others say the heat has affected the laying, so if you are in an area experiencing this heat wave, that could play a part too.

Hi there one and all.....first off congrats to all of you with your "1st eggies"
jumpy.gif
....I am also waiting impatiently for one of my 3 girls to start the egg party here in my neck of the woods. My chix (who I believe are EEs) are 16 weeks old now and nothin'. Also they don't hardly have a comb to speak of either, is this a normal development at this time? They seem healthy and happy. They eat a very good adolescent growing food and there is always water available. As a matter of fact, I think they eat better than I do! I give them mellons, shreaded carrots and broccoli, kale every day or so, corn on the cob, mealworms, apples, and so on......maybe they're a bit too spoiled!!!
Well, any input from anyone would be a great help and appreciated. Thanx everyone

Annie V

I have a game camera set up on one of my coops/runs at my camp with my roosters, and another one on my pond.  I have one of our home security cameras set up on the chicken/duck pens at home, but its not zoomed far enough to see that detail.  I can watch it live from anywhere.  But a game camera pointed in the coop at the girls would be a great idea.  Think I'll try it too.  And most of them can be set to short videos too, with sound!  Oh my!  That will be too cool!!  :)

Yes!! We set this one to take some photos & videos, so it was pretty nifty. Since these girls have been more friendly to everybody since they started laying I've caught hubby letting them & talking to them too
1f606.png
. Turning him into a crazy chicken person slowly, but surely!

Hi there one and all.....first off congrats to all of you with your "1st eggies" :jumpy ....I am also waiting impatiently for one of my 3 girls to start the egg party here in my neck of the woods. My chix (who I believe are EEs) are 16 weeks old now and nothin'. Also they don't hardly have a comb to speak of either, is this a normal development at this time? They seem healthy and happy. They eat a very good adolescent growing food and there is always water available. As a matter of fact, I think they eat better than I do! I give them mellons, shreaded carrots and broccoli, kale every day or so, corn on the cob, mealworms, apples, and so on......maybe they're a bit too spoiled!!! Well, any input from anyone would be a great help and appreciated. Thanx everyone Annie V

I have a game camera set up on one of my coops/runs at my camp with my roosters, and another one on my pond.  I have one of our home security cameras set up on the chicken/duck pens at home, but its not zoomed far enough to see that detail.  I can watch it live from anywhere.  But a game camera pointed in the coop at the girls would be a great idea.  Think I'll try it too.  And most of them can be set to short videos too, with sound!  Oh my!  That will be too cool!!  :)

I can't wait to set it up lol

Welcome!

If I remember correctly combs and wattles kinda seemed to grow all at once.... Then started turning more red. Or you could have a variety with very small combs. You've probably got several weeks to go. As exciting as it is to get those 1st eggs remember that maturing too quickly isn't healthy. That makes the wait more bearable.

Back
Top Bottom