Seen a cougar today.

I'm definitely NOT self sufficient. I have always had a man
around to do man stuff. ...the queen said.

And now the rest of the story (any Paul Harvey fans?)

Most of the "men" in Em's life have worn white coats and
work in places with padded walls....but men, never the less.

If I look out the window to my left, I can see my husband working on the roof of the new barn we're building. I can also see the fence that we built, the goat barn that *I* built, and the duck pond that *I* dug. Earlier this week, I dealt with the slow running drain in the master bathroom. "Guy stuff" is nothing new to me, I've done it all my life (my dad used to call me "the middle son".) Around here, I don't have a "honey-do" list, it's more like a "Bunny-do" list. I am quite capable of doing most of the repairs and chores around here, and will get to them if he doesn't do them first. When it comes to the heavy lifting, though, he has bigger bones, bigger muscles, and much more stamina than I have, so he's simply better suited to it. Besides, (and this is the important part) he needs to feel needed. So while he expects me to be as independent as I need to be, there are some things that I leave to him because it makes him happy to do stuff for me. Anybody who has seen us together can see, we're a team, and this is one of the ways we take care of each other. Gads. look at the time!
barnie.gif

If I look out the window to my left, I can see my husband working on the roof of the new barn we're building. I can also see the fence that we built, the goat barn that *I* built, and the duck pond that *I* dug. Earlier this week, I dealt with the slow running drain in the master bathroom. "Guy stuff" is nothing new to me, I've done it all my life (my dad used to call me "the middle son".) Around here, I don't have a "honey-do" list, it's more like a "Bunny-do" list. I am quite capable of doing most of the repairs and chores around here, and will get to them if he doesn't do them first. When it comes to the heavy lifting, though, he has bigger bones, bigger muscles, and much more stamina than I have, so he's simply better suited to it. Besides, (and this is the important part) he needs to feel needed. So while he expects me to be as independent as I need to be, there are some things that I leave to him because it makes him happy to do stuff for me. Anybody who has seen us together can see, we're a team, and this is one of the ways we take care of each other. Gads. look at the time!
barnie.gif
thumbsup.gif

Em, I realize that male bashing is second nature to you, but thinkn about it! The Princess has kept Sour forever and a day, Mrs. Spook allows him to live in spite of his ways, and obviously Bunny has found a winner that she wants to hang on to! So there are a few keepers around, just sometimes hard to find!

Perry
Perry, this is exactly where I was headed except that I ran out of time. As fun as it is to poke fun at the men in this kingdom, as maddening and exasperating as they can be at times, every one of them take care of the people they love. So, lousy as it is that doodle and Em found some rotten apples, I think there are a whole lot of "keepers" out there!

Last edited:
Oh jeez guys...I was only kidding.
hmm.png
I love all the men here...but I can't say that or their heads would get too big to fit through the kingdom door.
roll.png
I think this is one of those times we should all be reminded to never take anything on here serious...I'm very happy in a relationship, and have a wonderful guy...and now he's gonna see this and I'll have to widen the doors.
roll.png

So many people seem to have a problem with a 40 year-old woman and and 25-year-old man, when the situation is reversed, people seldom seem to complain. Why is that?

Demi Moore marries Ashton Kutcher and everyone talks...Harrison Ford marries Callista Flockheart, Warren Beatty marries Annette Benning, Tom Cruse marries Katie Holmes, all is quiet. Except for the Tom/Katie thing, but that is only because the man acts like a freak.

Ohhh, I dunno bout that. I suspect that The Warden would be quite put off seein' me with a 25 yr old woman...

The Princess would laugh hysterically if she saw me with a 25 year old. Probably bring out the will to make sure that all was up to date.
duc.gif
What a way to go.

Where is all of this male bashing that I have been missing. Oh, that's because I'm one of 'the good ones'.
lau.gif

I think that some folks are just too serious.
idunno.gif

The Princess would laugh hysterically if she saw me with a 25 year old. Probably bring out the will to make sure that all was up to date.
duc.gif
What a way to go.

Where is all of this male bashing that I have been missing. Oh, that's because I'm one of 'the good ones'.
lau.gif

I think that some folks are just too serious.
idunno.gif
George, I think the biggest mistake people make is ever taking us seriously.
lau.gif

You're a good one alright Sour...just not sure what you're good for.
tongue2.gif

Oh wait...it's dog training right? I forgot.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom