Selling eating eggs. What prices do you charge?

I sell mine for $1.50. All I want is enough money to pay for my feed. I look at it as a relaxing hobby and the eggs that I give away, I veiw as an opportunity to give back to the community.

Quote:
Me, too, here in Hollywood, South Carolina. Rural area, folks don't like to pay more for eggs. They aren't impressed by superior eggs, super fresh eggs!
hmm.png

Thank you all so much. I appreciate the information. $2 sounds pretty good for here. I am selling them a little cheaper to the lady down the road, but will keep her price the same. (only had enough for the two of us last year, this year I have plenty more and all of my hens arent laying yet, short one now, something got it last night. Didnt leave a carcass, just a few feathers and some blood, positive it ate it where it killed it though)Grrr. I hope this doesnt become a problem for me. Hate to have to set live traps and relocate.

Well, it varies

I give small and medium eggs to a family with 4 kids, I sell eggs for $3 a dozen to another person, others buy for $2 a dozen, we give eggs to a friend that shows our dog for us as part of her fee.

I have 8 DOZEN eggs in our only fridge right now. I will give away eggs at this point, we need the space. I love my hens and I love collecting eggs. The $$ only helps buy the next bag of feed and that is all I expect. We keep the egg $ in a small mason jar.

I love having plenty of eggs and a way to use up food items/produce that my family won't eat for some reason - they seem to think things go bad waaay before the Delightful Dozen will still enjoy it. LOL

Here in Anchorage, Alaska, I can get $4-$5 dollars a dozen, which is outstanding, and I have waiting lists.
Of course, a 50lb bag of feed costs about $20, too, because it all has to be shipped in.

I just got my coop a few days ago. I'm not all set up yet for chickens. When I first thought of doing this (keeping chickens), and as recently as the day I got the coop, I thought I'd just be giving the eggs away left and right. Don't ask me why (I mean, I'm not completely stupid LOL), but I didn't realize what an investment this is! Keeping chickens ain't cheap! The guys at work think they'll be getting free eggs; wait until I tell them they're gonna have to pony up for 'em.

Wow, chihuahua! $5/dz for eating eggs! Nice!
cool.png

They average $2/dz in my area area of rural Maine. Since selling fertile hatching eggs pays for my silly chicken hobby, I just give my extra eating eggs away to friends and neighbors. Good PR, I figure. Often I scramble the extras and mix them with some greens, oyster shells, and yogourt and feed to the chickens. They LOVE scrambled eggs! :0)

My hens are free range, and get organic feed at $28.00 a bag. In the winter, when there is less foraging, I have been getting $5.00 here is Western North Carolina, near Asheville. I plan to lower the price to either $3.50 or $4.00, now that we are seeing GREEN!. :)

Back
Top Bottom