September 2022 Hatch-a-long🌞

Pics
You have room for all these birds?
No, I have buyers lined up. I have a waitlist for my birds in general. Sometimes people have to wait several months before they can get them.😊
I have room for max 20 birds in my flock of 2 coops. Chicken math works both ways here, subtraction as well as addition.

Last edited:
I have a Niederrheiner hen who decided to go broody two weeks ago, so...I gave her 6 eggs last week. 🤦‍♀️ The eggs will be barnyard mix Easter Eggers - rooster is an Ameraucana/Olive Egger cross and hen is an Ameraucana/Rock cross. The broody hen is a year old, and this is her first time sitting, so we'll see how this goes. She's the lowest ranking hen in the flock, but she's doing a great job of scaring everyone else off the nest so far. I have to wear a leather glove just to check for "extra" eggs every day! She is taking her task very seriously.

Edited to add: Hatch day should be the 10th or 11th.

I have a Niederrheiner hen who decided to go broody two weeks ago, so...I gave her 6 eggs last week. 🤦‍♀️ The eggs will be barnyard mix Easter Eggers - rooster is an Ameraucana/Olive Egger cross and hen is an Ameraucana/Rock cross. The broody hen is a year old, and this is her first time sitting, so we'll see how this goes. She's the lowest ranking hen in the flock, but she's doing a great job of scaring everyone else off the nest so far. I have to wear a leather glove just to check for "extra" eggs every day! She is taking her task very seriously.

Edited to add: Hatch day should be the 10th or 11th.
Welcome! Thought I was going to be alone on here!🤣
Would love to see a photo of your broody hen. Don’t know much about the breed other than they’re similar in appearance to Bielefelders.😊

81534672-36D4-429C-9951-D2BCE0D1379D.jpeg

Here she is! Not the best photo, but it’s the best I can do without risking losing appendages at the moment. Such a grumpy broody!

Back
Top Bottom