Serama or Kapan? Let's discuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off Mr. Schmelling, I do not have a "group." I belong to many and your accusations only serve to make you less credible. We have new groups forming on Face Book due to the popularity of the breed across this entire country, something of which you apparently are ignorant about and for that, I forgive you.

As I stated, we have a standard of perfect and that is what we breed toward. If you do not like it, stay away, pure and simple. Your critique of our standards is not wanted. You pretend to be such an authority yet, no one seems to know who you are, what you are, where you are, what birds you have and oops.....WE DON'T CARE! We will continue to do as we please, whether it serves to please you or not. I know that I speak for many here. Also, with your accusations about our "groups" and you call them, I am sure you will find you will not be welcome.
[/quoteAMEN!AMEN!

Here is another example:

I want to make Showgirls. So I go out and I buy a bunch of silkies. I can't find any turkens, so I just breed my silkies toward the showgirl standard. Do I have all the right genetics? Nope. So why should I then call my silkies "showgirls"? They are still 100% silkies. And the American serama is still a kapan. A kapan bred toward a different standard sure, but until you pick up the missing pieces, it will always be a kapan.

How do you make showgirls {naked neck] without the gene for it?????? Please elaborate this hypothosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom