Setting eggs on 3/7. Anyone else?

The humidity kept falling and was down to 52%, I plugged the hole where the automatic egg turner cord was coming through and it is slowly rising! Hopefully it goes up to where it should be. I will still need to know if I should remove this little one that came so darn early. I may not even have any pipping for a couple more days. Any ideas? Will it get lonely in the big old brooder all by itself.? :)
CJ
Also he won't get lonely because he can hear the peeping of the other chicks in there.

So my little eggs are singing up a storm now. They actually woke me up. It was loud enough that I figured some must have hatched, but they are chirping away in their eggs! It warms the heart!

So my little eggs are singing up a storm now. They actually woke me up. It was loud enough that I figured some must have hatched, but they are chirping away in their eggs! It warms the heart!
I woke up to check on my chick that started last night, and wow she is loud! She came out sometime between 11:30 and 3:30... Best of luck!! I love hearing them peep!

Well my little guy must have been early or something because he is TINY and doesn't have much for fluff. He has some patches with no fluff at all. He's getting stronger but not sure if he will survive. He did make it through the night though. And another pipped egg this morning!

she is out and running around, very vocal! I believe she was out around 1 or 2 this morning...I heard another cheep in the incubator! 2 are due today! I put a mirror in with her and she loves to look at it

So far I have one healthy chick, one with curled feet who can't stand up, and one who pipped and then died in the egg with crusty stuff and his beak tip hanging out of the egg.
I have one more pip with no action. They are scheduled to start hatching right about now as it was 21 days to the hour ago that I set them.

So far I have one healthy chick, one with curled feet who can't stand up, and one who pipped and then died in the egg with crusty stuff and his beak tip hanging out of the egg.
I have one more pip with no action. They are scheduled to start hatching right about now as it was 21 days to the hour ago that I set them.
I'm sorry for your troubles with the early birds. How many more do you have?

The one that never hatched was sticky when I did the eggtopsy. Has anyone else experienced that? She was fully formed, in hatch position and had absorbed almost all the yoke. Just sticky (like she was covered in honey).

Back
Top Bottom