Setting Today (03-02-2012)

All my bantam eggs died :( seems they died about age 12-17 days. I am having no luck with banties and I can't figure out why. Temp is between 99 and 100, I'm doing dry hatch so humidity is low during the first 18 days. I had trouble getting up during the final days, but have since fixed the problem (mostly).

All my bantam eggs died :( seems they died about age 12-17 days. I am having no luck with banties and I can't figure out why. Temp is between 99 and 100, I'm doing dry hatch so humidity is low during the first 18 days. I had trouble getting up during the final days, but have since fixed the problem (mostly).

I am not eggspert... Hahaha...
But, what incubator are you using? Turner? Fan?

I have a Hovabator 1602N w/ a turner and no fan now. I had a LG for my first round - no turner and no fan. I also dry incubated. Out of 56, none hatched. With the Hovabator, I am only hatching 25-30%, which is not good, I know. I don't know what I am doing wrong though. I keep my temps around 100 (ambient temps require some tweaking sometimes) and my humidity is around 35%. On day 18, I lock down and up the humidity to 65-70%. Most of my eggs are shipped, too. When I let my girls brood them, I had a 73% hatch rate on shipped eggs for the bantam Cochins. I would have had 100% hatch rate the 2nd round if my girl didn't abandon 2 eggs while they were pipping. So, I know it's the way I am incubating. I just don't know what's wrong. At least I went from 0% to 25-30% though...

homemade incubator, forced air, I hand turn days 1-18, Temps are 99-100, humidity hangs around 20-30% during the first 18 days then up to 50-65% during the last 3+ days. Even though I candled and they were growing great they just quit. I hope it gets better because I currently have about a dozen bantam and serama eggs in the incubator for the Easter hatch.

I am not eggspert... Hahaha...
But, what incubator are you using? Turner? Fan?

I have a Hovabator 1602N w/ a turner and no fan now. I had a LG for my first round - no turner and no fan. I also dry incubated. Out of 56, none hatched. With the Hovabator, I am only hatching 25-30%, which is not good, I know. I don't know what I am doing wrong though. I keep my temps around 100 (ambient temps require some tweaking sometimes) and my humidity is around 35%. On day 18, I lock down and up the humidity to 65-70%. Most of my eggs are shipped, too. When I let my girls brood them, I had a 73% hatch rate on shipped eggs for the bantam Cochins. I would have had 100% hatch rate the 2nd round if my girl didn't abandon 2 eggs while they were pipping. So, I know it's the way I am incubating. I just don't know what's wrong. At least I went from 0% to 25-30% though...

We have our first baby! its a bantam cochin! Soooo adorable and very noisy!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom