Sexing Barred Rock Chicks

These babies were sewed as pullets but one has a much larger head spot....both have dark washed legs...any thoughts?

I have 3 BR chickies that I bought as pullets but am trying to get better at sexing based on all the posts and pictures here. My educated guess I s that Mama Bear here is a pullet but what do y'all think? (Dark down feet, smaller dot on head, feathers coming in are dark).

She arrived at the farm supply store 6 days ago so I'm guessing she is about a week old?

I have 3 BR chickies that I bought as pullets but am trying to get better at sexing based on all the posts and pictures here. My educated guess I s that Mama Bear here is a pullet but what do y'all think? (Dark down feet, smaller dot on head, feathers coming in are dark).

She arrived at the farm supply store 6 days ago so I'm guessing she is about a week old?

Study this and you should be able to sex them within 85-90% accuracy

http://archive.org/stream/sightsexingbarre00cana#page/n0/mode/2up

Last edited:
Left female, right male this will become more evident as they grow older. What you will notice if they are placed side by side is the female will appear DARKER Than the male. He will look more grey and she will look more black. Hope this helps

Left is definitely a pullet....jury is still out for me on the other...looks like a little roo but I had a female with a similarly irregular spot. Do you have pics of their legs and feet?

Back
Top Bottom