Sexing Easter Eggers

Im hoping the white and black is a pullet....her comb is usually pale but she has a fever currently.
sad.png
she is a barred rock white leghorn cross
I mention on one of your other posts, that is a pea comb and can not come from a Rock/Leghorn crossing. Both those breeds have single combs.

I am a total newbie to chicken's and I am curious about my easter eggers. They are about 6-7 weeks old now(I think!). The second picture is the "grey" and the chicken behind it we are sure is a rooster but no idea the breed. (I just picked a bunch of chicks that were "cute" at the farm supply and grabbed 3 guinea too). The first picture isn't as good but that one is camera shy! :) T

I am guessing that 14 week old ee's should be fairly easy to sex and maybe they are all boys and I am just in denial but I need help.lol

Last edited:
That second one definitely looks like a cockerel, but it's hard to be sure. The pictures are pretty blurry. I can't see the back feathers well enough to be sure of either. Better, more clear photos would really help.
I am guessing that 14 week old ee's should be fairly easy to sex and maybe they are all boys and I am just in denial but I need help.lol

I am a total newbie to chicken's and I am curious about my easter eggers. They are about 6-7 weeks old now(I think!). The second picture is the "grey" and the chicken behind it we are sure is a rooster but no idea the breed. (I just picked a bunch of chicks that were "cute" at the farm supply and grabbed 3 guinea too). The first picture isn't as good but that one is camera shy! :) T

Both look like pullets, I'm not sure on the rooster in the back round, maybe a hatchery quality silver laced wyandotte? It could be an EE though.

Ah thank you! Music to my ears! :) They are both sweet and kind of shy but getting more curious.. they are much bigger then then rest of the gang :) Here is a pic of the one we think is a rooster ..

Yeah, I have two with the same markings(1 is a hen)I bought them at the farm supply, so sure the were a hatchery special. But, if they lay eggs are are healthy? They are perfect chickens. :) beyond the 2 gold sex linked I have quite a few that I have no idea.. 1 is a barred rock hen but the rest ? Thanks again for helping me out! This is all new to us. We are truly addicted and I see that in the future I may want to focus on certain breeds, but the mixed selection hopefully will help us decide what type of chicken people we are. :)

Back
Top Bottom