Sexing Easter Eggers

Pics
Hi!

I'm looking for a second opinion on these four chicks. They are five weeks old. It's been suggested they are all pullets, which would be lovely, but I thought I'd ask around just a bit more. I've never raised Easter Eggers before:

Chick #1 - Easter Egger. Stormfly is all personality, and a streak of lightning when s/he decides to run. Often gets involved in tiffs.

Chick #2 Frizzled Easter Egger, black. I have no idea if this is Heather or Heath. Easter Eggers confuse me.

Chick #3 Frizzled Easter Egger, blue. Windshear does not have the little ridge that Heather does. Neither of the frizzles ever gets into fights, not ever.

Chick #4 - Changewing is quiet, low-postured, doesn't fight and has no trace of pink or height in the comb, so it really feels like a pullet to me.
LL

What do you think? Thanks!!!

Hi!

I'm looking for a second opinion on these four chicks. They are five weeks old. It's been suggested they are all pullets, which would be lovely, but I thought I'd ask around just a bit more. I've never raised Easter Eggers before:

Chick #1 - Easter Egger. Stormfly is all personality, and a streak of lightning when s/he decides to run. Often gets involved in tiffs.

Chick #2 Frizzled Easter Egger, black. I have no idea if this is Heather or Heath. Easter Eggers confuse me.

Chick #3 Frizzled Easter Egger, blue. Windshear does not have the little ridge that Heather does. Neither of the frizzles ever gets into fights, not ever.

Chick #4 - Changewing is quiet, low-postured, doesn't fight and has no trace of pink or height in the comb, so it really feels like a pullet to me.
LL

What do you think? Thanks!!!
They are too young to be certain. No obvious cockerels yet, but at just 5 weeks old, there is still plenty of time for that to change.

Can someone help me determine if my chickens are hens or roosters? They are a little over 4 weeks old I believe. I am new to chickens (have only had ducks). So I am not sure how to tell if there are any signs to look for to determine male/female. I feel like I may have 1 hen and 1 rooster, but I was hoping for 2 hens. :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone help me determine if my chickens are hens or roosters? They are a little over 4 weeks old I believe. I am new to chickens (have only had ducks). So I am not sure how to tell if there are any signs to look for to determine male/female. I feel like I may have 1 hen and 1 rooster, but I was hoping for 2 hens. :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Too young to be sure. At this point, could go either way.

HI everyone,

I've been lurking in the easter eggers threads for a few weeks, I have some what I believe to be 8-10 week olds. We got 10 straight run (unsexed) and some are showing obvious signs of being young roosters with bright red combs. Some of the others I'm unsure. So tomorrow I will post some pictures for some guidance and possible sexing, thanks

So I'm pretty sure I have tons of males, so I've decided to post pictures of those that may be girls (fingers crossed). They may not be the best but hopefully some tell tale signs will be evident to those experts, thanks
Age 8 to 10 weeks
Picture #1 & 2 are of the same bird
Picture #3 different bird
Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF7345.JPG
    DSCF7345.JPG
    508.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF7338.JPG
    DSCF7338.JPG
    315.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF7329.JPG
    DSCF7329.JPG
    371.5 KB · Views: 55
8 to 10 weeks old, any guesses, thanks

Silkie cross/easter egger?
Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3 & 4 same bird

Attachments

• DSCF7277.JPG
    DSCF7277.JPG
    350.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF7316.JPG
    DSCF7316.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF7268.JPG
    DSCF7268.JPG
    457 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF7267.JPG
    DSCF7267.JPG
    345.6 KB · Views: 42
IMG_4426.JPG
IMG_4427.JPG
IMG_4429.JPG
IMG_4434.JPG
These are my (what I thought was called Auracana) but I am guessing these are easter eggers. I am trying to figure out if this is a hen or a rooster. Born on March 26th this year. How can i tell?

Back
Top Bottom