Sexing Easter Eggers

Pics
This is one of my Easter eggers that I got 8 weeks ago. I have her isolated because the other chickens pecked her tail area to bleeding twice. When they were smaller I saw this one as the aggressive one who chased others. And now this is the one getting picked on. The tail is certainly a lot more straight up than the others of the same breed. I am concerned this is a cockerel. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, as these are my first chickens. Been reading a lot on here already.
Pullet.

Correct. The chicks are not sexed when they hatch, so its a mixed bag.

Funny story, when i went to buy chicks a couple months ago, the feedstore pointed at a bin (of what i now know are barred rocks) and said "These are straightrun", without telling me the breed. So i thought that was the name of a breed of chicken. When i went to another feedstore and they pointed at their bin of RIRs and said "These are straightrun", i was severely confused and just bought my chicks. Later i looked it up and realized that i am an idiot :D

Honestly this post made my day. I laughed so hard, I did something similar when I first started with chicks too. I appreciated this post! :D

Here are 3 of my 4 EEs at about 6 weeks. I think 2 are cockerels and one pullet? But this is my first time with chicks and from this thread I'm getting that EEs aren't the easiest to sex!

I really want this one to be a puller...she is very sweet and mellow!
unsure 3.jpg unsure2.jpg
This one I think pullet?
Pullet suspect 2.jpg pullet suspect.jpg
This one I think is a cockerel, like 90% sure...thoughts? Nice bird too!!
Mr big comb.jpg Mr big.jpg

Here are 3 of my 4 EEs at about 6 weeks. I think 2 are cockerels and one pullet? But this is my first time with chicks and from this thread I'm getting that EEs aren't the easiest to sex!

I really want this one to be a puller...she is very sweet and mellow!
View attachment 1168487 View attachment 1168484
This one I think pullet?
View attachment 1168485 View attachment 1168486
This one I think is a cockerel, like 90% sure...thoughts? Nice bird too!!
View attachment 1168489 View attachment 1168488
First chick is a pullet. Next two are cockerels.

What do you think about these birds? 10 weeks old I have one more I will post later. She would not let me get her head in a picture. The saddle feathers worry me on the third picture.
IMG_0881[1].JPG
IMG_0883[1].JPG
IMG_0882[1].JPG

Back
Top Bottom