Sexing Easter Eggers

Pics
You're in a much better place than most, then! Doesn't make it any easier though!
It surely doesn’t. I’m worried that my favorite chick that I have always thought to be a rooster due to it’s brace nature, if I keep it thinking it’s a rooster and it turns out not to be... then I have no roosters 🤦🏼‍♀️
Some of the chicks are starting to stand up tall and peck each other and jumping up and flying into each other. Most of these chicks are also the ones with the larger combs (aka not still flat). I’m going to guess those are most likely cockrels??

Any ideas from the pics on guesses?? Be nice to have a second opinion even if it’s purely a guess.

It surely doesn’t. I’m worried that my favorite chick that I have always thought to be a rooster due to it’s brace nature, if I keep it thinking it’s a rooster and it turns out not to be... then I have no roosters 🤦🏼‍♀️
Some of the chicks are starting to stand up tall and peck each other and jumping up and flying into each other. Most of these chicks are also the ones with the larger combs (aka not still flat). I’m going to guess those are most likely cockrels??

Any ideas from the pics on guesses?? Be nice to have a second opinion even if it’s purely a guess.
Keep wanting to go back and check but then I get distracted. Want to look on my computer so that I can see better. Crossing my fingers maybe later this morning!

I wanted to try to post one more time to see if I could get some help identifying the sex of this bird, I really can’t tell but I know someone who would like to take them if they are a roo. They are about 9 weeks old now, apologies for the less than great photos let me know,
CB142CA9-4834-4745-B6BC-36787ED0F93E.jpeg
A85B9434-1902-4AD3-9415-E0B4DAD9B2A2.jpeg
F8743B70-0B7E-48FD-921B-CD51BD14278B.jpeg
B3101E92-0851-46FD-99B9-803BEBCF0626.jpeg
F8743B70-0B7E-48FD-921B-CD51BD14278B.jpeg

Attachments

• 40608572-A95C-4E8A-B2BE-6DC8B07124A6.jpeg
    40608572-A95C-4E8A-B2BE-6DC8B07124A6.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I wanted to try to post one more time to see if I could get some help identifying the sex of this bird, I really can’t tell but I know someone who would like to take them if they are a roo. They are about 9 weeks old now, apologies for the less than great photos let me know, View attachment 2214298View attachment 2214299View attachment 2214510View attachment 2214514View attachment 2214510
Those are really good photos. If I were looking for a pullet, I'd stay far away from that one. He's beautiful but those dark red patches on shoulders and the shape of comb scream roo to me...

Those are really good photos. If I were looking for a pullet, I'd stay far away from that one. He's beautiful but those dark red patches on shoulders and the shape of comb scream roo to me...
:-/ As I thought, but since I’m fairly new to chickens and havent had a rooster yet I’m glad to get a second opinion. They are a great bird but I can’t have a roo where I live. Fortunately he is going to a farm where he will have a flock of similarly aged hens. Thank you for your help.

:-/ As I thought, but since I’m fairly new to chickens and havent had a rooster yet I’m glad to get a second opinion. They are a great bird but I can’t have a roo where I live. Fortunately he is going to a farm where he will have a flock of similarly aged hens. Thank you for your help.
You could always keep him until he crows..
Just to be certain. Maybe he's mute! 😂😂😂 Praying mine is so that I can keep him!

Back
Top Bottom