Sexing Easter Eggers

Pics
Hi all! This is my first time with Easter Eggers so I'd love some help with sexing. These two are 6 weeks old and supposed to be pullets. One has a flatter comb than the other, but both combs are more tan/orange than pink/red. I heard you can tell sex by patterning? Any thoughts?

IMG_0276.jpg IMG_0278.jpg IMG_0289.jpg IMG_0269.jpg

How do we feel about Pepper? 12 week old EE. Last pic is size comparison to a 12 week old BO. Thanks!

View attachment 2222492
View attachment 2222494View attachment 2222488
View attachment 2222496

agreed, this looks like a pullet to me although they have some roo like characteristics. I think her comb would be brighter if she was a rooster and she would have glassier neck feathers and pointy saddle feathers. Also Maybe some iridescence in the tail. The thing that makes me really think hen in the shape of the tail feathers and the pattern on her back. What is her behavior like? I think it’s likely you have a hen.

Last edited:
Hi all! This is my first time with Easter Eggers so I'd love some help with sexing. These two are 6 weeks old and supposed to be pullets. One has a flatter comb than the other, but both combs are more tan/orange than pink/red. I heard you can tell sex by patterning? Any thoughts?

View attachment 2222283View attachment 2222286View attachment 2222287View attachment 2222294
To me these both look like pullets, tan is a good color for a hen that age and both combs appear to be single row pea combs. Neither is showing red patches on the shoulder and have fairly consistent even patterns on the back. You’ll have more clarity in the next few weeks but I think those are pullets :)

agreed, this looks like a pullet to me although they have some roo like characteristics. I think her comb would be brighter if she was a rooster and she would have glassier neck feathers and pointy saddle feathers. Also Maybe some iridescence in the tail. The thing that makes me really think hen in the shape of the tail feathers and the pattern on her back. What is her behavior like? I think it’s likely you have a hen.

She’s bossy and dominant, which is what makes me nervous alongside the 3 row comb! But other than that I’m leaning pullet too. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom