Shadowpaints Foaling/kidding thread!!Twitch colt 7/9

what a day yesterday. the cold weather we have ben having got to one of my baby goats, (Reba, born in march) and we darn near lost her. found hour outside, hardly breathing, and ice cold. got her inside and it took us 3 hours to warm her up her temp when she came in was only 91! then it took her nearly all day to pee and poop.. she stayed inside last nite and is doing great this mprning..
then went in to check tanner last nite, and she was testing 6.8 ph and 1000 calcium, which means she is getting close enough to foal, and so at 10 pm last nite we decided to put casey and her filly outside, and tanner in. which means had to clean the stall.. LOL

im tired to day and my head hurts!

what a day yesterday. the cold weather we have ben having got to one of my baby goats, (Reba, born in march) and we darn near lost her. found hour outside, hardly breathing, and ice cold. got her inside and it took us 3 hours to warm her up her temp when she came in was only 91! then it took her nearly all day to pee and poop.. she stayed inside last nite and is doing great this mprning..
then went in to check tanner last nite, and she was testing 6.8 ph and 1000 calcium, which means she is getting close enough to foal, and so at 10 pm last nite we decided to put casey and her filly outside, and tanner in. which means had to clean the stall.. LOL

im tired to day and my head hurts!

Sorry to hear about all the drama, but im glad to hear that Reba pulled through! Come on Tanner lets go! Oh yeah, & on my end Zoe's ligs are low....

keeping my fingers crossed that zoe kids soon!!

reba is back outside today, well in the barn but all is well with her!

Tanners bag has progressed quite a bit since this morning. and we have white milk this afternoon!! ph is testing 6.6 and calcium 1000+ im expecting a foal by tomorrow night.

here is a pic for you

teats are still pinched, but white milk is easily expressed, and whoohaa is long and swollen.

Yay! Can't wait for pics!

I haven't been posting on here a lot but I follow it with interest and excitement. Congrats on all the fillies!
woot.gif

ok folks, slowing down on babies, Prada our lamancha doe is getting close. her udder is huge, but not strutted, i figure in the next few days :)

If you have time, would love to see a pic of Tanner's filly...or any other new pics. (Vicarious farm living
smile.png
)

And, what does "strutted" mean with regard to udders?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom