Share your Indian Runner colors here!! Guess at colors too.

Here they are in quarantine...

What color is my two ducks in the back? We hatched these this spring and they appear to be chocolate. I don't know how we got these colors. My runners are all fawn. Thanks

Were the parents by chance fawn and whites? Or were they all fawn? Like an apricot?
They look like they have some pied genes. (like the white neck and patchy white on head and body)
Is the duck in front the mommy duck? She is pied.
I had a pair of pied black and whites last year
pop.gif
(They do come in other colors.)
They came from the Holderreads as rare color runners.
smile.png

I have also seen bibbed, but the white is only in the front. Yours look like the white goes all the way around, and some on the top of the head.
Chocolate males have an all black head i believe. Had a pair a few years ago. There should be no whites.
Beautiful babies.

Last edited:
The duck in the bottom right is the mom. She is half runner and I believe half magpie. All of the ducks until this hatch were white and gray or fawn. In this hatch we got 3 of the brown ducks. One was solid brown and we gave him away. I just don't understand how we got 3 brown ducks when all of our ducks are the light fawn color or gray. The magpie that we had when he mated with the runners the babies turned out gray and white like the mom in the picture. He was black and white. We no longer have the magpie.

The two brown ducks are named YooHoo and Hershey.

Thank you for this information.

Back
Top Bottom