Share your Indian Runner colors here!! Guess at colors too.

AimToMisbehave,
These are beautiful colors! I love the light blue one with the spots on the back.
Thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup
Did you buy them or did you breed them?  
I breed mine and hatching day is like Christmas!
I never know what I will get each time. Never fails.
And the only true way to know is to let everyone grow out. 
Duck math. :)

That's Weyoun! She's secretly my favorite (shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone). The older group we got from a backyard hatcher a couple towns down, hence their not-so-upright posture and Zuko's spotty pedigree. The younger three we ordered from a professional hatchery, and you could see the difference in quality immediately!

None of them are old enough to lay yet, but I'm pretty sure by spring I can convince my dear husband that we need more :love

I did not have very good experiences dealing with hatcheries, so I primarily order from the Holderreads in Oregon. His babies always grow up to be beautiful upright adults. I am trying to convince myself that I need an adult female from him this fall
wink.png
It is a sure way of getting a really good duck but oh so expensive.
hit.gif
I will have to sell a hole lot of ducklings nest spring.
clap.gif

Do you have coyotes?

I considered ordering from them just because I've always heard such great things about their quality AND he has the rare colors, but I didn't need that many more ducks (because he won't ship less than 10) and more importantly, I needed to be sure I was only getting females (because they don't sex them before shipping). It's super unfortunate too, because even if I eventually wanted to get some from him, he's not going to be breeding runners anymore

I guess I'll never have a Holderread runner
hit.gif

Here are my 4 girls as 2 or 3 day old babies...will have to get current pics of them...there's a black, blue, chocolate and fawn and white for colors and the blue since shes grown(their all 5 months old now) has gotten black spots/splotches all over her body which makes her really cute

Last edited:
Here are my 4 girls as 2 or 3 day old babies...will have to get current pics of them...there's a black, blue, chocolate and fawn and white for colors and the blue since shes grown(their all 5 months old now) has gotten black spots/splotches all over her body which makes her really cute

A variety pack of peepers!!! I love it!

Back
Top Bottom