She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Can I trim this beak? Clippers or file? Or just leave it?

Wow that is pretty long, it may interfere with eating. I think you can trim up the beak. I think I would use a dog pedi paws thing. It might freak out a bit but it shouldn't hurt it.

If you don't have nutri-drench, sav a chik or baby vitamins, you can still take a hard boiled egg yolk and crumble it up with a bit of water and a drop of honey and feed it with a dropper.

good luck.

Can I trim this beak? Clippers or file? Or just leave it?

I'd use a fingernail emery board to rasp it. Wrap the chick snugly in a towel, use a Q-Tip (stick section) to open the beak. File from rear to front. You may need to break it up between a couple of sessions. Work slowly to avoid heating the beak.

Update on my hatch egg no 3 hatched no problem
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
, so thats 3/3 , will post pics when daughter gets up and helps me as I,m not good on technical stuff

I'd use a fingernail emery board to rasp it.  Wrap the chick snugly in a towel, use a Q-Tip (stick section) to open the beak.  File from rear to front.  You may need to break it up between a couple of sessions.  Work slowly to avoid heating the beak.

Thank you!

The pipped egg ended up being dead in shell, the incubator had been open for quite a while during zipping it seems. So I lost one of my 3 project birds. One of the purebreds was dead in shell a couple of days, and one is sprawled.

Back
Top Bottom