She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I finally managed to get a decent picture of the chick that I think is going to be frizzled

@WalnutHill you should bring your pretty car down here in October and do Cruisin the Coast. Loads of fun.

@AmyLynn2374
Por Elvis. Sounds like you have his wound under control. I have seen similar wounds here on byc and they have healed pretty well.
Lots of my Firebird buddies from Houston go to Cruisin the Coast. For me, at 11 mpg and somewhere around 1100 miles each way...I don't think so!

Yawn...up till 3 yesterday, up till 2 today, lots of hours and miles before I get home...getting up in just a couple of hours so I guess I should go to bed. At least I accomplished what needed to be done. Ready to demo!

I think frizzled is a possibility with that one, but take that with a grain of salt... I don't have frizzles, lol... :)

The wing feathers curl outwards at the end instead of following the body like all the other chicks I have. The only time I have seen that before was on zorrow who is definitely frizzled.

Last edited:
two feet from mrs flock remember Walnut asked Its cool she caught up silkie will be disappointed. egg was only a double better luck next time.

I was 99% sure it was Walnut, but so busy at work yesterday, thought I could be mistaken. Didn't open my second monster egg so maybe it will be triple

I finally managed to get a decent picture of the chick that I think is going to be frizzled

That's how my frizzle looked early too. I'd say you got one!

Okay this seems like a dumb question - but I'm not sure which day is 21. I set the eggs on Friday July 24th at 7pm. For candling I started counting days after 24 hours, Day 1 was July 25 at 7pm, but that was the end of Day 1. By count tonight is the end of 21. Should hatch day be today or tomorrow? I don't see or hear anything.

Okay this seems like a dumb question - but I'm not sure which day is 21. I set the eggs on Friday July 24th at 7pm. For candling I started counting days after 24 hours, Day 1 was July 25 at 7pm, but that was the end of Day 1. By count tonight is the end of 21. Should hatch day be today or tomorrow? I don't see or hear anything.

Day 21 starts tonight at 7pm. I count the first 24 hour period as day 0, but the easiest way is just to remember since you set on Friday, day 21 is Friday (yours will flow into Saturday since you set so late in the evening)

Hatching update for the eggs @RavynFallensent me.

Out of 20 eggs only 1 is clear, all the rest have veins. The air cells are growing pretty rapidly with no water so I added a bit to one channel. I will try and keep it 35-40% for this week.

Other news. The nasty eggs in the coolerbator are progressing. I can see one has internally pipped day 21 is tomorrow.

I went to buy hay for the new huge coop from a guy on craigslist. He wants to buy some chicks from me in the spring.

I put the tinies in the massive coop yesterday and added the turkeys today. They seem to act like they were all raised together.
Happy dance had a great day.

That is great!! I can't wait until hatch day! We'll probably be back and forth all day giving each other updates! I hope the two eggs hatch for you!
You're not the only one! I was hoping for good development, but that is phenomenal... also glad you understand the difference in viable and fertile... so happy you have those eggs... will be thinking positive thoughts for good strong, healthy chicks for you... :hugs

Yes, I was just reading an article about this. It was about how "clears" in shipped eggs are probably not infertile (if the source is reliable) but instead they are not viable, due to DNA being scrambled in transit.

I love frizzle! Can't wait to see how that one feathers out!

Okay this seems like a dumb question - but I'm not sure which day is 21.  I set the eggs on Friday July 24th at 7pm.  For candling I started counting days after 24 hours, Day 1 was July 25 at 7pm, but that was the end of Day 1.  By count tonight is the end of 21.  Should hatch day be today or tomorrow?  I don't see or hear anything.

I think WV already answered this but it was in my multi-quote. Day 21 would have started yesterday at 7pm and ends tonight at 7pm. Any hatches yet?

Back
Top Bottom