She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

So I did my day 7 candling. I'm down to 10 eggs. But I am happy to say that on day 5 air cells were still all detached, so I gave them an extra 2 days no turning. All but 3, have reattached. Good development in all 10. Whacky air cell shapes, except one looks great. I lost my only partridge and my only porcelain egg. The ones I really wanted. But that just gives me an excuse to buy some more of those eggs next year!

@AmyLynn2374 this one is for you. I was carrying him around last night, and walked inside. When I sat him down, he posed and said "tell Amy hey"
wink.png

Does anyone know the difference between the Brinsea 20 fully automatic and the Brinsea 20 Eco (manual) if you buy the turning cradle? Besides price.
I have the Eco. But no turner. I think the Auto or pro or whatever it's called has a panel on the top which shows temp and humidity and you can set it there. With my Eco I have to unscrew a lid and use a screwdriver to turn heat. They both work with the pump I think. SC can tell you more.

Okay this seems like a dumb question - but I'm not sure which day is 21. I set the eggs on Friday July 24th at 7pm. For candling I started counting days after 24 hours, Day 1 was July 25 at 7pm, but that was the end of Day 1. By count tonight is the end of 21. Should hatch day be today or tomorrow? I don't see or hear anything.
Friday tuesday lock down

So I did my day 7 candling. I'm down to 10 eggs. But I am happy to say that on day 5 air cells were still all detached, so I gave them an extra 2 days no turning. All but 3, have reattached. Good development in all 10. Whacky air cell shapes, except one looks great. I lost my only partridge and my only porcelain egg. The ones I really wanted. But that just gives me an excuse to buy some more of those eggs next year!

What day did you set your eggs? We gave joyryder two different answers. Am I confused? Lol

What day did you set your eggs? We gave joyryder two different answers. Am I confused? Lol

Did we? I count day 1 as the end of the first 24 hrs. I have been confused on this in the past but my eggs have always hatched during day 20, when I count this way. So this last set, I set Thursday at 10:30pm. So last night at 10:30 would start day 7, right??

Does anyone know the difference between the Brinsea 20 fully automatic and the Brinsea 20 Eco (manual) if you buy the turning cradle? Besides price.
The Eco doesn't have the digital display of temp and humidity, and you can't adjust it 2 tenths of a degree at a time. You adjust temps with a knob, and you have to have a separate thermometer and hygrometer. It is "factory calibrated" at 99.5, but there is no display to show it. The Eco doesn't have the cool down feature. The Advance will also show an alarm if the power goes out. Operationally they are the same. With a separate thermometer and hygrometer I would have just as much confidence in the Eco

I still haven't caught all the way up. I'll have to read the rest in the morning...
Amy, I'm sooo sorry! That looks horrible!! Poor guy. My heart really breaks for him. I hate to see an animal suffer. I am so glad you've decided to re-home the roo that did that. I know you will heal heal him up real quick. He's in good hands!
hugs.gif

There are several breeders on the peafowl board that swear by that stuff. Peachicks can be very mean to each other. I've seen pictures of scalps that looked like Amy's picture. So I hope you can find it, Amy and give it a try.
Thanks. He looks so much better today and must be feeling a lot better since he's having a fit being locked in the cage. Started crowing at ten minutes to 5 this morning. I wanted to strangle him....lol I'm going to go buy the blue stuff today, my car has been in the mechanic's garage since Wed night, so waiting for them to get that done. Hopefully I can find a home for Gibbs quickly so I can get Elvis back in the coop.

@AmyLynn2374 this one is for you. I was carrying him around last night, and walked inside. When I sat him down, he posed and said "tell Amy hey"
wink.png

I absolutely love it!! I just want to hug him!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom