She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Once Ai is in your flock you know pretty quick. It kills many and doesn't have a long incubation period. but Yeah being registered does have both plusses and minuses.

Again, this is just me, but I prefer the floor bedding to be less comfortable to scratch and lay in than the nest bedding. The mulch is coarse, and the pine shavings are soft, so I think that encourages them to stay in the boxes. If I was a hen, I think I would love to lay an egg in sawdust
wink.png
I have the pine sawdust shavings and leaves on both floor and in boxes. That's why I am thinking if I use the straw on the floor and the pine in the box it might help. What confuses me is they were all laying so well in the box and now they won't even use it.

Once Ai is in your flock you know pretty quick. It kills many and doesn't have a long incubation period. but Yeah being registered does have both plusses and minuses.
Yeah, my registration would be for the reason Amy stated. I don't ship birds or eggs, and I don't need it, but if the average consumer is scared by stories on the news, then certification is just another marketing tool to increase sales.

A little extra action on my lone pipper, but not started zipping yet. I was looking in the window and said "c'mon chickie! At least give me a sign that you are still alive" and a small chunk of the shell moved. Awwww!! I still don't hear any chirping though. (even when I play the video)

I have the pine sawdust shavings and leaves on both floor and in boxes. That's why I am thinking if I use the straw on the floor and the pine in the box it might help. What confuses me is they were all laying so well in the box and now they won't even use it.
You've introduced new birds and had new construction. It's disrupted their patterns. They will find their way back to the nests. Mine haven't laid on the floor at all this year

A little extra action on my lone pipper, but not started zipping yet. I was looking in the window and said "c'mon chickie! At least give me a sign that you are still alive" and a small chunk of the shell moved. Awwww!! I still don't hear any chirping though. (even when I play the video)
He's shy....lol Quite chicks turn into loudmouth chickens.... (OK, I made that up.)

You will be into the chocolate milk before he comes out
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom