She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

a lot of us are in awe of walnuthill which I think is the name of her farm. this thread is moving at such a fast pace most of us can't keep up on a minute to minute basis. never mind going back two or three days. the group as a whole is posting 10 to 15 pages a day . so if we seem a little confused It because we are. so forgive me if I don't know what your talking about again. but please take that cracked egg out of your incubator before it grows something.
sickbyc.gif

I think he wanted it to grow a chick. Now, it may be a mutant omelet.
lol.png

I have a daughter, she is 19, she doesn't give a hoot about anything I do or make as far as the birds or food. She does like the cars, motorcycles, and historic preservation work. My son doesn't care about making the stuff, he just wants to eat it, and my husband is the same way though he will lend a hand on the grinder or stuffer if asked.

That could be fun, doing agritourism. I'd get people to pay to shovel manure out of the coops and haul feed.
big_smile.png

when they turn 25 you will see a whole new person that will hang on your every word and say things like I wish I'd helped you more And I miss living here.

a lot of us are in awe of walnuthill which I think is the name of her farm. this thread is moving at such a fast pace most of us can't keep up on a minute to minute basis. never mind going back two or three days. the group as a whole is posting 10 to 15 pages a day . so if we seem a little confused It because we are. so forgive me if I don't know what your talking about again. but please take that cracked egg out of your incubator before it grows something.
sickbyc.gif

I did deal with that mess @BYC910 There's been a lot of fun convos in here in-between the great advice, and it was not my intent to say it all needed to be read...;-]

when they turn 25 you will see a whole new person that will hang on your every word and say things like I wish I'd helped you more And I miss living here.

LOL! This is so true! My dad raised racing pigeons my whole life. I grew up with 3 lofts in the backyard. It wasn't until I started doing chickens that I would sit with him and ask a million questions! I looked in the lofts as if it was my first time ever seeing them. He couldn't keep up with my questions. I realized I took it for granted my whole life! I'm happy now we have something in common that we both are passionate about and it hasn't been to late!

LOL! This is so true! My dad raised racing pigeons my whole life. I grew up with 3 lofts in the backyard. It wasn't until I started doing chickens that I would sit with him and ask a million questions! I looked in the lofts as if it was my first time ever seeing them. He couldn't keep up with my questions. I realized I took it for granted my whole life! I'm happy now we have something in common that we both are passionate about and it hasn't been to late!

I followed what my dad did from quite a young age. Unfortunately he did not live a long life- he died in his 40's

I would still like to know how old people think I might be

I followed what my dad did from quite a young age. Unfortunately he did not live a long life- he died in his 40's

I would still like to know how old people think I might be

I hear ya, my dad is on his way out. Heart failure. So I am happy for anytime I have left with him. Idk your age really...I guess if I had to take a guess, I'd say somewhere in the 30's-40's....but probably a lot younger or older if you're curious what we think! :)

Is that all I have to do? Sign me up!!
wink.png
how's the humidity today. I went to the dollar tree looking for that stuff. I could not find it so I'm going to another store tomorrow this time I'll ask for help. also I'll think smaller this time 9oz that will fit in my hand I was looking for a huge bag. a huge blue bag. Since I have a degree in shoveling manure I don't need to go with you all to walnut's farm I'll wait for the book and DVD to come out . O yeah I have a day 19 pip SLWs EEs and BCMs tis weekend again .gotta work tomorrow bed time .

Is that all I have to do? Sign me up!!
wink.png

Count me in too!
1f60a.png

So what week in the fall are you planning your camp? Are there any openings?
lol.png

I might be onto something here!
wink.png

I could run a broiler camp, layer camp, turkey camp, bread camp, sausage camp, canning camp, cheese camp, beer camp, smoker camp...

Yes, Walnut Hill is the name of my farm, it used to be High Point but they named the subdivision on the old farmland High Point so I renamed it for the 20+ black walnut trees on our acre.

I get bored VERY easily so I am always trying something new. Over the years I have accumulated a lot of skills that come in handy and the tools to do the work right.

Tonight I am doing dry-run packing to see how much I can load onto our little trail bikes before we embark on a 700 mile motorcycle camping trip to Ontario and back. It looks like we will be able to pack what we need between the two 250cc bikes.

Back
Top Bottom