She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I really feel bad about my post about someone's gender, I really wish I hadn't...but at the same time, there's really something to be said about revealing who is of what gender...I know I will be surprised, and I think it could really be empowering. Ok, so we all think Amy is F, and SC is M...and I'm clearly a dumb M...and Ruby is clearly an amazing F...but their are lots of others who haven't wanted to state. I get that, not trying to get anyone date requests from guys with useless flocks.

I really didn't intend to bring up the gender issue, but its clear I screwed up, and if you don't state your gender but state what you've experienced, is there an opportunity here to give more insight into who farms? Or should I let my paux faux lie on the ground??

when they turn 25 you will see a whole new person that will hang on your every word and say things like I wish I'd helped you more And I miss living here.

She's copying my recipes, but not interested in learning the technique. It may take her a while to get the results she wants. Our son is 25 and is in the Navy, he has a new appreciation for home cooking and wants to learn how to make good food.

I really feel bad about my post about someone's gender, I really wish I hadn't...but at the same time, there's really something to be said about revealing who is of what gender...I know I will be surprised, and I think it could really be empowering. Ok, so we all think Amy is F, and SC is M...and I'm clearly a dumb M...and Ruby is clearly an amazing F...but their are lots of others who haven't wanted to state. I get that, not trying to get anyone date requests from guys with useless flocks.

I really didn't intend to bring up the gender issue, but its clear I screwed up, and if you don't state your gender but state what you've experienced, is there an opportunity here to give more insight into who farms? Or should I let my paux faux lie on the ground??

Well for expienceces - I grew up on a sheep property with chooks cows and pigs as well, 45 min drive to to corner store and 4 hours to a real shop.

I have served in the defence force and been though traumatic war experience . I have worked in warehousing, electronics, it, aviation and support. I have worked with 15 different computer operating systems. I could have worked out your handle if it had been spaced out as NT Bug Traq. I currently live with 2 cats and 6 chooks. My nearest relative is about a 10 min drive away and has 26 chooks 6 cats 2 dogs and 6 sheep.

I can convert almost any animal into food and have eaten most. I can build a generator from bits and have also worked on building house.

Last edited:

This is a very forgiving bunch, and really quite open. Just look at the user names...

While I don't conceal my gender, it also doesn't factor into my experiences in raising birds, so it's not typically part of the conversation. I was a subject matter expert on one of the biggest Firebird sites before someone local posted a newspaper article with me and my car in a show and blew my "neutral" identity.

This is a very forgiving bunch, and really quite open.  Just look at the user names...

While I don't conceal my gender, it also doesn't factor into my experiences in raising birds, so it's not typically part of the conversation.  I was a subject matter expert on one of the biggest Firebird sites before someone local posted a newspaper article with me and my car in a show and blew my "neutral" identity.

Neutral gender user names can make it difficult. I think it was either a reference to your husband and kids, or the pic with the huge fish that gave you away! Lol

I have many more interests and hobbies that are usually more typically "manly". Woodworking, building things, motorcycles, hunting, fishing, guns, etc... But I also like to sew, quilt, paint, do crafty stuff, etc.... stuff that is usually more female relatable.

I don't think any of it makes me any more or less of a woman!
My fear of mice is something else though! Lol

Tonight I am doing dry-run packing to see how much I can load onto our little trail bikes before we embark on a 700 mile motorcycle camping trip to Ontario and back. It looks like we will be able to pack what we need between the two 250cc bikes.

Camping in Ontario?? Chances are you will come within 10 minutes of my farm!! Y'all should drop by. Tell me if Coboconk or Brechin are on your route.

This is a very forgiving bunch, and really quite open.  Just look at the user names...

While I don't conceal my gender, it also doesn't factor into my experiences in raising birds, so it's not typically part of the conversation.  I was a subject matter expert on one of the biggest Firebird sites before someone local posted a newspaper article with me and my car in a show and blew my "neutral" identity.

After re-reading that... Are you saying that revealing your gender changed your "expertness"? Or you quit doing it because they found out you were female?

I'm thinking of changing my name to Kaytlin

Forgive me if I leave anyone out, but I think it's mostly girls except:
SC
Bugtraq
Sidewing
Gachooks
BYC 910
sjturner
My guess is BYC and Bugtraq are the oldest, followed by me. Chooks is probably close to my age based purely on his comedy tastes
Sidewing is a little younger, but we've seen pics to prove that
I'm a little stumped on sjturner. I knew Aussie, but the cartoon references threw me off. I was thinking early 20s, but could be younger
Edit: just read turner's last post. I was wrong :gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom