She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Btw, this poster PMed me and she left the 'ling in a cup in the bator for a day... last I heard it was running around better, faster and eating more than the ones that hatched before it...

Just wanted to update anyone who was worried that she might have listened to some inexperienced advice, since I finally found out which thread she had posted on...
smile.png
:)

Btw, this poster PMed me and she left the 'ling in a cup in the bator for a day... last I heard it was running around better, faster and eating more than the ones that hatched before it...

Just wanted to update anyone who was worried that she might have listened to some inexperienced advice, since I finally found out which thread she had posted on...
smile.png
Thank you!! Yes! I know I was curious!

I could, fairly easily, except I'm sure it would upset her greatly.  He does have access to her, but keeps his distance.  She hisses... lol  Should I fence him out, away from her?

I'd be more inclined to separate somehow, just until you can see how he reacts to the new 'lings... some drakes are indifferent, some are good fathers, but some will go homicidal... that happened last month to a bonded mallard pair a girl had... as soon as the 'lings started hatching, he grabbed them by their necks and threw them in the pool... some drowned before she figured out what was going on... hate for that to happen to you, she thought they'd be fine cuz he was so bonded to her and guarded her, but never know til you can watch them... and I'd guess it was a coon too, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him stealing that egg and trying to get rid of them... he might be frustrated that she is not 'with' him... just a thought...

:D ;)

I get PM's out of the blue sometimes, lol... she never said where she posted but mentioned the 'advice', and I kinda got behind on threads... I did see Pyxis make a post about it and I told her... sorry for the late update...
It was awful!!! When I read the so called "advice" I saw red. I was so glad that Pyxis got to her before I had a chance to get on.

I'd be more inclined to separate somehow, just until you can see how he reacts to the new 'lings... some drakes are indifferent, some are good fathers, but some will go homicidal... that happened last month to a bonded mallard pair a girl had... as soon as the 'lings started hatching, he grabbed them by their necks and threw them in the pool... some drowned before she figured out what was going on... hate for that to happen to you, she thought they'd be fine cuz he was so bonded to her and guarded her, but never know til you can watch them... and I'd guess it was a coon too, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him stealing that egg and trying to get rid of them... he might be frustrated that she is not 'with' him... just a thought...
big_smile.png
wink.png

I hadn't even thought about him stealing the egg. He hasn't acted that way, but I guess anything is possible. And I also hadn't thought about him maybe not being a good father, so I'll get on that this weekend. Thanks, as usual
hugs.gif

It was awful!!! When I read the so called "advice" I saw red. I was so glad that Pyxis got to her before I had a chance to get on.

x2!
th.gif

I hadn't even thought about him stealing the egg.  He hasn't acted that way, but I guess anything is possible.  And I also hadn't thought about him maybe not being a good father, so I'll get on that this weekend.  Thanks, as usual  :hugs

x2!    :th

It might not have been him, and he might be a great co-parent... but know way of knowing for sure til after... and she may not protect the 'lings from him since he is her (or one of hers, lol) mate... better safe than sorry, for sure...

We kept Cas away from Crash and LG when they brought their babies out at first... then we let them get near and he ran from them like they were gonna eat him! After that, they did fine... he kept his distance while they were small and hung out with them as they got bigger...

Went from this...

To this...

To success...
smile.png
That is awesome. I am so glad she had the intuition to pm someone before taking really STUPID advice.

This is why certain people should be removed. We've had a good thread here for a long time and advice like that will drive people away. It's sad that someone would put info/advice out there without a clue and jeopardize someone's hatchling.

Back
Top Bottom