~Shipped Egg Early Spring Hatch-a-Long~

I'm a little worried about my eggs!
The incubation started off great, 8 eggs out of 12 began developing. About every other day I've been having quitters! I'm used to having quitters between days 1-5, but having so many quitters between days 6-18 is strange. My temperature and humidity have been perfect, no spikes during the entire process. I don't know what's wrong
hit.gif
Advice??
Today is day 16 and I'm down to 3 viable eggs. What causes so many quitters like this?

Do you have multiple thermometers in the incubator? I had something like that happen last year. Turns out my thermometer was wrong the entire time. So now I never incubate with less than two.

Do you have multiple thermometers in the incubator? I had something like that happen last year. Turns out my thermometer was wrong the entire time. So now I never incubate with less than two.
I have 3 thermometers, which makes me even more confused! Is it possible all 3 are wrong?
idunno.gif

Anyways I went into lockdown this morning with the eggs that made it. I'm hoping for the best!!
big_smile.png

I will stop turning the first three eggs here on Saturday then a few days later I will be stop turning another two and then a few more days I will stop turning about another five

I had a pip in one when I woke up this AM and it's been the same all day!
pop.gif

Another one did pip and semi zip on the bottom at some point today so that's why I didn't see it. I want to go in and flip the egg over so badly!
And my last two haven't shown signs of anything.

They hatched! I got 2 to hatch out of the 4 that made it into lockdown. I really wonder what made me have such a bad hatch again. Maybe I should buy a new cooler for my incubator
idunno.gif

Anyways I'm happy with the chicks that did hatch! So cute
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom