Shipping Ducks via Airlines

Kalsti

Songster
6 Years
Jul 31, 2013
We recently rescued 5 flightless geese and a duck. We found a wonderful ranch with owners who want to adopt them, but they are in the next state over. We wondered if anyone has shipped a duck (and geese) and what the experience was like. Were there any problems or issues? Thanks for any advice!

We recently rescued 5 flightless geese and a duck. We found a wonderful ranch with owners who want to adopt them, but they are in the next state over. We wondered if anyone has shipped a duck (and geese) and what the experience was like. Were there any problems or issues? Thanks for any advice!
I would contact an airline and ask them what you need to do. My guess would be put them in a carrier and take them to the check in at the airport. Then a designated person would need to be at the other airport to receive them.

As for how they would fare the flight, I have no experience. I would try to see if there is a way to keep them calm (like dosing a dog with benadryl).

Last edited:
Birds can only be flown via usps, in a usps approved box, and typically takes 36 hours. It is very expensive and extreme weather temps can be a concern. If only one state over, I highly recommend doing a road trip.

Back
Top Bottom