Shipping quail chicks

I’ll never ever ship live animals again after my last experience, despite many sellers insisting that it goes well most of the time. It’s just too risky, there are too many variables & unknowns completely outside my control. I had three 6 week-olds shipped to me, one was DOA and another was in very poor condition for the first 24 hours. I wasn’t sure she was gonna make it, but she pulled through with help from critical care supplements. I’d rather invest ~$100-200 in an incubator, or stick to buying live birds locally, and avoid the heartbreak/stress/cruelty.

I’ll never ever ship live animals again after my last experience, despite many sellers insisting that it goes well most of the time. It’s just too risky, there are too many variables & unknowns completely outside my control. I had three 6 week-olds shipped to me, one was DOA and another was in very poor condition for the first 24 hours. I wasn’t sure she was gonna make it, but she pulled through with help from critical care supplements. I’d rather invest ~$100-200 in an incubator, or stick to buying live birds locally, and avoid the heartbreak/stress/cruelty.
I read your thread.

This is exactly where I am at. We incubate most everything, but have a line up of chicken eggs we are incubating. But, after the last experience I won't be doing it again.

I made mine into a mash for my last 4 I hatched, as well as for the one that my phoenix was raising with her clutch. Cut down the mess they could make with the food
I have some fermenting but didn't start it until yesterday when they got here. So that is exactly what I gave them this morning m, the unfermented mash.

I like feeding fermented but don't like solely feeding it. I feel like it will lose its effectiveness if you did. But I will be sticking with a mash from now on.

He built an aviary, which is where I intially found him on there. I am building that same one here, with some more shrubs and things inside.

I loved this episode!! Their aviary is awesome. It made me wish we could have poured a concrete slab for ours!

I read your thread.

This is exactly where I am at. We incubate most everything, but have a line up of chicken eggs we are incubating. But, after the last experience I won't be doing it again.

I’m already researching incubators because my aviary is starting to look a bit sparse with only 5 babies in it and we’re already planning the next addition! 😂 (oh no is this how it starts??????)

I loved this episode!! Their aviary is awesome. It made me wish we could have poured a concrete slab for ours!

I’m already researching incubators because my aviary is starting to look a bit sparse with only 5 babies in it and we’re already planning the next addition! 😂 (oh no is this how it starts??????)
Haha!

We've had quite a few and I always find my way back to old school the large styrofoam little giant deluxe w/ turner. Has the best hatch rate for us.

Haha!

We've had quite a few and I always find my way back to old school the large styrofoam little giant deluxe w/ turner. Has the best hatch rate for us.

Ok, good to know… I think there’s one on FB Marketplace near me right now 👀 I’ll probably try to snag one at the end of spring or over the summer, just in time for my own fall hatch 😊 (that will also give me the summer to consume all the articles & threads here about hatching)

Back
Top Bottom