Should I COOK her? Need your thoughts.......

Hey Justine,

I am loving any cool weather, the "skeeters" are still pretty bad. How bout your way? I have a couple of RIR's that are still a little young, maybe 2 more months. I could give "Queen Snow White" until then.......nah!

Give Rhodee a chance, Give Rhodee a chance, Give Rhodee a chance.

I'll take her! She's a beauty. Want my address? Seriously, I think she will lay big and beautiful eggs for you.

Give Rhodee a chance, Give Rhodee a chance:/

I say wait a while longer....if she is a sweetheart & still doesn't lay, then she makes a nice pet!
smile.png

No, skeeters are not bad over this way....thankfully! I get bit once in awhile. I have a one those two sided sticky bug strips hanging in the coop that works great and catches anything that gets too close. I also have a bug ZAPPER light I put on at night on the patio....it works great too!
big_smile.png

Here's my coop....

12435_img_2785.jpg

12435_img_2786.jpg

Unfortunately I am in PA. Little too far to drive LOL!

I would LOVE to have her! But I am glad to hear you are going to give her a chance.

She won't cost you too much to ride it out. Thanks for giving that gorgeous girl a chance!

And Coon, no mess out you! LOL!

Quote:
How would you like someone watching you trying to lay an egg while they sip a hazelnut coffee??? Maybe she's just shy!
lol.png

Sunny, I would love someone watching me lay an egg...LOL! It is such a miraculous thing....I would want everyone to know! Why do you think hens sing after laying an egg...BBBBBAWK BAWK BAWK BAWK! The creation and laying of a egg is amazing! So Rhodee better get with the CREATING and LAYING! LOL!
big_smile.png

Quote:
How would you like someone watching you trying to lay an egg while they sip a hazelnut coffee??? Maybe she's just shy!
lol.png

I've got a hen that will park her butt up against the coop door and lay right in the doorway. I walk in on her all the time. If chickens could talk... She has the most exasperated look to her. I usually just look at her and say "Darlin it ain't nuthin I've never seen before" and step right over her.
lol.png
Good thing I don't allow my chickens to own firearms!

Swamp

Back
Top Bottom