Should I get a male or female puppy?

Thanks for all the great input. I’ll probably be going with a female.

Could somebody tell me what happens when a female is not spayed?
I didnt spay my female for the first 5 years and honestly nothing except for when she goes in heat, then there might be little drips of blood but i just put a diaper on mine for the first couple days of heat cycle and then washed them

No, definitely not breeding.
I hate it when people breed their dog “just once” or “because I like her looks”.
When i had a female i always bred her once because it gave her good mom value which was jice if we introduced other animals in the home plus it helps with there health sometimes not always

Train this puppy. It’ll make your whole life easier and make her a better dog. How much research have you done on training? Can you get a trainer? Do you have enrichment toys? Those help a lot. Get things like puzzles, kongs, lick mats, snuffle boards.
Are you ready for crying, cleaning up it’s messes, stress of a puppy, vet visits, giving up your time, or things like that? Owning a puppy is stressful so really think about that before deciding.

Train this puppy. It’ll make your whole life easier and make her a better dog. How much research have you done on training? Can you get a trainer? Do you have enrichment toys? Those help a lot. Get things like puzzles, kongs, lick mats, snuffle boards.
Are you ready for crying, cleaning up it’s messes, stress of a puppy, vet visits, giving up your time, or things like that? Owning a puppy is stressful so really think about that before deciding.
This good input cause evrybody thinks a puppy is just cute and sleeps but the first 2 year are the roughest and depending on that. Depends on weather your dog will be awesome in the future or not so socailize to every degree possible and by that i do not mean dog parks dogs parks

When i had a female i always bred her once because it gave her good mom value which was jice if we introduced other animals in the home plus it helps with there health sometimes not always
No don’t do that!! That is not good to do with your dog at all. Good breeding is so much more than just breeding two dogs together.

Back
Top Bottom