Show me/ tell me abt your micro/mini homestead

*GH = Greenhouse
20230516_153521.jpg

Of course, not to scale, but this is a lot of what I'd like to do. Maybe even spread the birds out more and do a type of free-breed pen for each breed and variety.

I'd love mini cows and wooly pigs too, but if those ever happen, it will be far in the future once I'm confident with sheep and goats again.

*GH = Greenhouse
View attachment 3507771
Of course, not to scale, but this is a lot of what I'd like to do. Maybe even spread the birds out more and do a type of free-breed pen for each breed and variety.

I'd love mini cows and wooly pigs too, but if those ever happen, it will be far in the future once I'm confident with sheep and goats again.
I love your sketch and your dream vision!!! It's awesome!!!

I love your sketch and your dream vision!!! It's awesome!!!
Thanks!

It's gonna take a few years, especially the greenhouses if I do end up doing them. The sheep and goats will take at least a couple years too since it's 6 different breeds at least I'm looking at and I didn't realize how expensive they were until I started looking. I've found some places with the Cashmere and Nigerian dwarf goats as well as the Shetland sheep though. So those three might be the first. Of course they're also smaller thankfully to get started with.

I also just realized I didn't show the pen layout I might do for ease

Thanks!

It's gonna take a few years, especially the greenhouses if I do end up doing them. The sheep and goats will take at least a couple years too since it's 6 different breeds at least I'm looking at and I didn't realize how expensive they were until I started looking. I've found some places with the Cashmere and Nigerian dwarf goats as well as the Shetland sheep though. So those three might be the first. Of course they're also smaller thankfully to get started with.

I also just realized I didn't show the pen layout I might do for ease
The price of goats shocked me too!!
We are talking abt getting one more but thats it!

I am a stickler on making sure the animals have adequate space.

I dream of more property and more animals but tbh this is abt all I can handle with a 40+ hr a wk job as well.

I am happy to be living my dream on a small scale for now!!

Honestly likely forever! We don't owe much more on the house and my husband is 17yrs my senior which means we need to think abt retirement for him as well....

Ya know ...life stuff 🤣🤣🤣

Great layout! Love it!!
*GH = Greenhouse
View attachment 3507771

I love your layout! Im so jealous!!

Back
Top Bottom