Show Me Your Feeders!!

Pics
I am curious to see how well the silicone holds up over time, I am thinking it will need a reapplication once a year or so. How tight of a fit was it when you put the elbow into the bucket? Did you use a chuck bit, if so, what size? Any thoughts on securing the elbow to the bucket in a different way other than using silicone?

Quote: What do you mean by Chuck Bit? I'm not sure that is a correct term.

I used a street elbow in mine which has two different kinds of ends. I cut off the hub end and inserted the spigot end into the bucket. Then I cleaned up the hub end and put it over the spigot end (with the elbow still attached) and pushed it tight against the bucket. The hub fits securely over the spigot holding it all together without any fasteners or glue.

Go to your local home improvement store and ask for a street elbow in 4" schedule 80 pvc-lightweight- for drainage. Cost is less than $5 in most places. I can't take pictures right now because my camera is busted. A street elbow is designed to attach two elbows together without having to put a piece of pipe in between them.

What do you mean by Chuck Bit? I'm not sure that is a correct term.

I used a street elbow in mine which has two different kinds of ends. I cut off the hub end and inserted the spigot end into the bucket. Then I cleaned up the hub end and put it over the spigot end (with the elbow still attached) and pushed it tight against the bucket. The hub fits securely over the spigot holding it all together without any fasteners or glue.

Go to your local home improvement store and ask for a street elbow in 4" schedule 80 pvc-lightweight- for drainage. Cost is less than $5 in most places. I can't take pictures right now because my camera is busted. A street elbow is designed to attach two elbows together without having to put a piece of pipe in between them.

Darn it... I was a Lowe's this past weekend and forgot to look for that Street Elbow............. Sounds like it would work perfectly! Sure wish you could show us some pics (how about using your phone to take a pic?)

I didn't know about eh street elbows before LoneOak told me about them so I just used a plain old elbow and silicone around it........... but I bet if I would have used PVC cement it would make it stay FOREVER.

Chuck Bit???? Ummm.... don't know what that is either. Maybe she means a spade bit or hole saw????

I traced the elbow on the bucket and cut it with a dremel tool it fit very tight, the silicon has held up great looks the same as it did the day I put it on.

Jimmy, some of us country boys don't even have one of those smart I-apple phone things with a camera in it, LOL, my phone still plugs in the wall and the wire ain't long enough to reach the chicken coop. My other camera is busted and Have you tried to find someone to develop KodaChrome color film these days? After that I got to try and figure out a way to put them pictures in this computer so they run down the wire to your house where you can see em along with those folks in Kalifornia and New York City. Them New York City folks couldn't raise no chickens anyway.

(I'm really not that much country, I'm just struggling to live on disability and don't have any spare money).

I've got to build a friend of mine a feeder in the next few days and will try and get some pics of the complete project then.

Quote:
LOL, I've got an old flip phone that doesn't take pictures, I hear that loud and clear. I can't even use one of those smart phones as a paper weight, too scared to break the darn thing. But, I would love to get some pictures. Need to build myself one or two of these.

Back
Top Bottom