What does early frostbite look like? (For us first winter flock keepers)

Ventilation is still most important, don't close everything up! Wind right on them, not good. Breeze overhead, that's ventilation.
Having a temperature gauge/ hygrometer is helpful, so you know if the humidity is too high in there, compared to ambient.
Mary
Our "Coop" is two metal sheds connected both with gapping like these under the roofing. As well as we added holes to each one. Up above with wire mesh attached. I just closed up the west facing ones because thats where the wind is coming from. The east one is still open. Also added extra straw yesterday because it was cold.. I just wanted to get the wind to stay off them. And the wind is supposed to be changing a bit coming upward from the southwest which is the side with the chicken door. Our geese tend to favor sleeping infront of the door which is why we usually leave it open but with the wind I figured it would help keep the wind off them and from coming up under the roosts which is above that but below the holes. Plus I didn't even fully block the holes lol I just stuck the metal pieces back onto the spot blocking most of it theres still little gaps showings the mesh.
Screenshot_12.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom