Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Half inch hardware cloth should work for either, I'd think. To protect strawberries, you'll want to have the cloth high enough above the berries that birds can't peck through it.

Thanks. I know chicken wire would be good enough to keep birds out, but I don't think chicken wire would be strong enough, or maybe comfortable enough, to use as a wire top for a grazing frame. I want to build these tops once and use them for lots of things.

I don't know how it happened, but a good sized chunk of half inch hardware cloth ended up tossed by one of our woodpiles. It has sat out there for a year...? I needed a piece, remembered it was there, and pulled it out of the woods.

Except for the leaves stuck in/on it, it looked almost new. The hardware cloth on the original part of my run looks fine too. That stuff lasts. :thumbsup

I am proposing this separate thread dedicated to showing off your DIY Pallet Projects and perhaps a little discussion on the topic of pallet projects. I know there are pics and posts about pallet projects here and there on the BYC forums, but some people suggested I start a dedicated thread to the subject so we can all share our pallet projects and maybe pass along some good idea for others.

I'll start off with a simple pallet project I built for the garden. It's a tool holder for hoes, rakes, shovels, etc.. I made one full length pallet to hold my longest handled tools, but I added another pallet cut down 3/4 size and 1/2 size for my shorter handled tools. I connected the pallets with some 2X4's long enough to fit my 5 gallon buckets between the pallets. What I like about this project is that it was super simple to make for a beginner. Secondly, I now have my tools all stored in one place instead of laying all over the garden. Third, the stand is light enough to move wherever I want, but heavy enough not to blow over in a good wind. Here's the pic...

View attachment 3208481

Here is what it looks like on the backside.

View attachment 3208485
Preview attachment IMG_2454.jpg
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui...973424&th=18d9d987d59a9730&view=att&disp=safe
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui...973424&th=18d9d987d59a9730&view=att&disp=safe

IMG_2454.jpg
36 KB
coop

I don't know how it happened, but a good sized chunk of half inch hardware cloth ended up tossed by one of our woodpiles. It has sat out there for a year...? I needed a piece, remembered it was there, and pulled it out of the woods.

Except for the leaves stuck in/on it, it looked almost new. The hardware cloth on the original part of my run looks fine too. That stuff lasts. :thumbsup

I went outside yesterday and looked over my "storage" pile of saved wire, fencing, hardware cloth, etc... Very little left after I made a pallet wood frame trellis with fencing wire on a raised bed last summer for Dear Wife's bitter melons. Not enough hardware wire left to cover even one 3X3 foot bin top.

:idunno :clap Well, I was disappointed that I could not find any leftover wire in my "storage" pile, while at the same time I was glad that I had used it all in good projects. I have one shed to check out when the snow melts enough to get into it, but it looks like I will have to buy some new wire for any future projects.

Thank you for checking into the thread.

:idunnoUnfortunately, all your links directed me to a sign on page asking for my Goggle account name and password. With all the scam phishing attempts out there on the internet, I don't give out my account names and passwords. Is it possible for you to copy and paste your pictures and/or info directly into the BYC forum threads?

:old I just don't feel comfortable going to an unknown site that is requesting my login and password information.

um sorry I posted
IMG_2454.jpg
the wrong thing that was supposed to be a picture

not sure on size, but it's big. it's going to be a coop, and, presumably, tall enough that my stepdad (the tall dude in the pic) can stand upright.

Fantastic! I hope you continue to post progress pictures of the build. We love that kind of stuff. Also, any lessons learned on the build, tips and tricks, or what not to do is also great info to share.

Back
Top Bottom