Show off your cats and kittens.

88A5C7C5-FE16-4DF3-A722-9BB93E3B1FFE.jpeg 9ADE1C75-E335-4BDA-9483-21E6B83B5587.jpeg 03CCA07C-B500-4803-ABEB-A910E15D06FA.jpeg
Forgot to add my other girl Astro. She’s looking like herself again all healed up from ear surgery Astro is my daughters everything. Always with her and she even has her own bed on my daughters bed. Waiting for her every night when she comes to bed. Probably the sweetest cat I’ve ever had. Nothing but love. I think she appreciates having a good home and a big yard after being at the shelter for nine months
She loves to climb 13 feet up the tree beside the shed. Sit on the shed and watch over her yard. I’ve never seen a cat climbed down a tree as fast as they climb up

Gary and I went to choose a 6 week old kitten. Gary chose the one I thought was the least appealing. He named the kitten Buddy. Buddy scratched and bit everyone except for Gary. As a little kitten Buddy would actually attack people when they came to visit. I almost rehomed Buddy, but that little kitten was so gentle with Gary. My arms and legs were filled with scratches and scabbed over bites. Buddy must have sensed that Gary was getting very weak. The picture is of a typical nap time for them both. Buddy would always lay against or holding onto Gary's arm.

Buddy and Gary only had a few months together. Once Gary passed away Buddy made a huge change. He became a wonderful loving cat. He loves everyone. He never scratches or bites. I now wonder if Buddy sensed that Gary didn't have long and wanted to protect him. Anyway, I love this picture of them together.

buddy hugging.jpg

Orange tabby is Dexter, snuggling with my dog, Luke
My little dead cat, Missy.... no basket is too small to get into
Yoga and Dexter
Today and Miya taking over the dogs bed. All rescues, all but Yoda came with medical issues

Attachments

• E91473EB-DEB7-412D-8C69-668F0D68A335.jpeg
    E91473EB-DEB7-412D-8C69-668F0D68A335.jpeg
    687.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 4566B7BC-C460-4400-B3AC-435895DF1CCF.jpeg
    4566B7BC-C460-4400-B3AC-435895DF1CCF.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 4204C35F-B98E-4321-80D7-BB04FF6E065E.jpeg
    4204C35F-B98E-4321-80D7-BB04FF6E065E.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 26492E0A-3FC8-40F2-B721-9F6A89E60BD8.jpeg
    26492E0A-3FC8-40F2-B721-9F6A89E60BD8.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 5
This is Ash. A couple months ago we found her and her brother surviving off insects in the woods across the road. She is still a kitten, but almost an adult, I think. They actually came strait to us that first night, like they had had human contact before. She comes inside regularly now.

As for her brother Shadow, he ran off to the neighbor's house and is now named Fred.

Attachments

• IMG_20181031_084444048.jpg
    IMG_20181031_084444048.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 5
Only once in my life have I gotten a cat on purpose.

20180921_182152.jpg

syl7.jpg

That being said, the Tortie Mishka was a feral who helped herself into my husband's car on the coldest winter day 5 years ago, as a tiny kitten. He had his door hanging open while trying to get it jumped. He went to remove her and she tried to eat him, so he drove around with her under the seat for errands and called me when he got back home. I told him to throw a towel over her and stick her in a dog crate until I came home from work. She was SO sick! Crusted over and weak. She's turned out to be the sweetest and easiest cat ever, a mouse murdering machine. She loves on everyone/anyone... human, dog, pig... doesn't matter. Except mice. The driveway always has a trail of trophies.

Last Spring I heard birds screaming bloody murder, Blue Jays. She had a baby one. I yelled "Kitty NO!" and she dropped it like it was suddenly on fire. She hadn't hurt it yet and I was able to reunite it with the parents. She doesn't get after birds much at all anymore, not since she gets praised so much for rodents and scorned for anything with feathers. She's so willing to please, at any rate.

Then there is Sylvester, he's new this year. Born feral. He was part of a litter of 8 I brought home from work, the "kittens of aisle 5" out of my garden department. I found a home for all but him, no one wanted him because he was anti social. Fixed that after 7 weeks of bribes and forced snuggles. LOL His eventual return of my affections ended up with him staying on. His litter mates were all friendly in under a week of care. He was a total hold out.

He's proven to be skeptical, shy, ridiculously silly once he opened up. Now he's quite brazen. He's just now come around to nose kisses with the dogs at 6 months old. He's going to be huge!

Mishka took to him, but she's never taken to any foundling kitten before. For some reason she picked him too. Fine, he can stay then.

He tries to follow her outside but he's a big chicken. She invites him on hunts to the barn but I end up finding him on the roof of the house. No idea how he gets up there. At his rate of getting used to new things, he might be ready for the barn in another 6 months. Haha

Mishka is calm, cool and collected. Sylvester runs into the bathroom after you and then throws himself down on the rug with his belly in the air. You're to pet it, when he shows it. He'll stretch out totally to be sure you see his belly. When I get home from work he greets me at the door better than the dogs do.

Over the years I think about 10 or so foundlings have stayed on temporarily until moving on to new homes... these two stuck.

Sylvester is also proving to be willing to follow the rules, since I'm a dog person the cats get trained too.

I've come around to the thinking that if a person says they hate cats, they just haven't yet met their kind of cat. My dad hates cats. His cat "Tip" was a foundling who showed up hungry. She gets top shelf expensive kibble, a warm room on cold nights... complete with a litter box he detests. Plus routine vet care. They sort of... exist together... which I find hilarious. Just his type of cat, they're perfect for each other. He hates cats and she hates people... besides him. He's the only human she'll give attention to.

Back
Top Bottom