Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Rustyswoman,
whoops- my DH got hold of the lasagna before I could make it to the car!!!!!

BUT. . . .how far are you from Southwest Missouri? I figure if we both start out tonight, we could meet when a certain Dellie mom is at work. . . . . .AND. . . . . hee-hee-hee!

Seriously, I am happy for all of you with your precious Delaware chicks!!!! I am green!!!!! And excited for spring when I can be an official junkie!!!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I just put a large piece of hardware cloth across the tub, to set the light on. This leaves the top open, for air exchange, and so they won't cook in there. I am finding they are more cold hardy than some, and are running over to the other (attached) tub, with no heat at all on it. I hope yours don't get too hot in there. Won't the plastic melt, where you have the light at?

Quote:
I just put a large piece of hardware cloth across the tub, to set the light on. This leaves the top open, for air exchange, and so they won't cook in there. I am finding they are more cold hardy than some, and are running over to the other (attached) tub, with no heat at all on it. I hope yours don't get too hot in there. Won't the plastic melt, where you have the light at?

i cut a hole under the lamp too... i can change light bulb sizes... 90 watt makes about 90 degrees... 67 watt makes about 80 degrees... 50 watt is about 70 degrees... i have them in an unheated part of the house so i probably need more heat that you do... and i needed the lid to still latch we have cats lol...

So many Del chicks to choose from...looks like James went into hiding. Kathy goes to work tomorrow... Elias probably has to too.

No lasagna? Never mind we're lost now. And with my keen ability for directions I will end up in Canada.

Kathy, James and Elias--your chicks are adorable. I am very happy for you and I all the pictures. A person can never get enough chick pics.

Elias, I think using hot glue for the hardware cloth was a great idea. Does the glue loosen up with the heat?

It is a beautiful sunny day here I think I will go get the 6 little Dels and let them play outside for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom